+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling out of love...

Falling out of love...

I started a relationship with a girl i've known for several years about 5 months ago. We'd both fancied each other for some time but because of being in other relationships nothing had happened.

When we finally got together it was the most intense feeling for both of us. We'd never experienced anything like it before and fell very much in love. The sex was on another level completely. About a month later she left the country to go travelling and we stayed in touch, talking most days, sometimes for hours at a time. We could talk and time would just disappear and i felt so safe and happy whenever i spoke to her.

Then about 2 weeks ago i just started to notice that i didn't feel the same any more. I stopped having that warm feeling and started to feel pain inside, like i was hiding something from her. I find it hard to say i love her now like i used to do, it is forced and i feel like i am lying. Phone-sex just doesn't turn me on like it used to.

I'm supposed to be flying abroad to meet her and go travelling with her in 2 weeks. I just don't understand how this can happen so quickly. Nothing has changed. I was so excited about going to see her now i feel totally different. She keeps telling me how much she loves me, how much i mean the world to her, and getting so excited and counting down the days but i feel horrible inside. I don't know what to do - i feel like i will destroy her if i get there and don't love her any more.

Should i say something now? Should i just wait till i get there and see what happens? Is there anything i can do to get the feeling back?

Do you want the feeling back? Do you still want to be with her?

On the one hand, seeing her again might spark something.. but that's a big MIGHT.

If you're not feeling the same/don't feel like you love her anymore/aren't excited to even see her.. then you should really considering ending things. Going to meet her and travel could be a very negative thing if you get there and realize you aren't interested-- it's just a waste of money/time.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's all correct alove. but that strong feeling of love/lust will eventually fade away with anyone else as well. maybe he should consider the pros/cons of being with her before he breaks it off.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

they are right, at first everything is perfect. then around 6 mos, the puppy love goes away.