+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this even possible?

is this even possible?

my boyfriend, who has been madly (and mutually) in love with me for the past 3 months, called me out of the blue and said over the past week and a half he is not as emotionally invested in the relationship as I am. he says he woke up one morning and just didn't feel in love.

some of his reasons were that i was too touchy, and that our affection should be understood (i get that). another was that sometimes he just wants to "chill" and not do anything too physical. he has suggested we not see each other all the time.

he promised me he would try to fall back into that feeling. my question is, is it even possible for a guy to fall completely out of love in a week like he thinks he has? or is this just a post-honeymoon phase that we can work through?

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    To the best of my knowledge it's pretty hard to fall in and out of love in such a short period of time. Chances are his feelings weren't as strong as he led you to believe and decided that it was time to move on.

If I were you I'd forget about this guy and find someone whose more worthy of your affection.

KingZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    To the best of my knowledge it's pretty hard to fall in and out of love in such a short period of time. Chances are his feelings weren't as strong as he led you to believe and decided that it was time to move on.

If I were you I'd forget about this guy and find someone whose more worthy of your affection.
    Yeah, what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Yeah, what he said.
    Double that. Guys can be extremely emotional/touchy-feely when they want sex.

trust me you want someone who wants rock your body. If he ain't feeling it, why stick around and try to make him?
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I would ask him if there's another woman in his life who he loves more. That's the only reason I know that my friends fall out of love so quickly. Other than that, if there's no other reason, I'd have to think he's a bit odd. O.o

loveisaplace-

Being told you are too physical so early on shows he has intimacy issues, as well as the possibility that he is "not all that into you". I bet he comes from a home where physical warmth was thin on the ground. I think it's time to move on, and let him find a matching ice-block - they do exist!
    MT

He probably went through the roller coaster of lust and realized he isn't as into you as even he, himself thought.

Guys can flip flop like that quickly, but falling in and out of love doesn't go that fast.

I decided overnight that I was going to break up with my ex. It was a long time coming due to her being a terrible girlfriend and pretty much walking over me, I just hit my limit instantly. Yeah I broke up with her, but I still loved her, there is a difference.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IMHO (can differ to person to person)

it can't b in a week.
    i guess its just that he has finally said it to you & he just needs some space. (u might know: guys generally do!!)
    Try it out, coz you are the one to judge this situation best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In a Mad World, Only great Madness Succeeds.

You put out too soon. You need to be more resistent.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    You put out too soon. You need to be more resistent.
    Funny, I'm married to a woman I slept with the first time I met her. In fact, I slept with my first wife the day after I met her.

Funny that...

I guess I wasn't emotionally invested in those relationships.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

He probably slept with or fooled around with another woman, feels guilty, and is trying to convince you to break up with him so that he doesn't feel like such an asshole.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."