+ Follow This Topic

Thread: approaching someone higher up than you

approaching someone higher up than you

hey,
    I've got a little thing going on with a girl at work. The only problem is that there isn't any reason for us to talk. We only see during lunch and even then there's alot of other people, so no privacy, which is very important to me in these things. I need a subtle way to show her that I'm really interested. Then maybe she could come to me.

Well, if you already know eachother a bit, what keeps you from having brief casual talks before/during/after work? Greet her when she shows up in the morning, walk her to her car, share a coffee, along those lines, just to make you stand out of the crowd of "just colleagues".

Do be mindful of the problems of dating colleagues though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Well, if you already know eachother a bit, what keeps you from having brief casual talks before/during/after work? Greet her when she shows up in the morning, walk her to her car, share a coffee, along those lines, just to make you stand out of the crowd of "just colleagues".

Do be mindful of the problems of dating colleagues though.
    I would if I could but we're not really colleagues. I don't even know when she comes to work. The only time I can expect to see her is lunch. And even that is unsure because our lunch times rotate.

On top of that, it would be, in a way, unprofessional of her to talk to me. Except if it was about work and there really isn't anything work related for us to talk about.

The only things I can think of are subtle greetings, smiling and maybe asking a little about her work(security).
    But the problem is that it doesn't come naturally to me to do that and it's allways a surprise when I see her so I can't prepare myself all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by djp6 View Post
    I would if I could but we're not really colleagues. I don't even know when she comes to work. The only time I can expect to see her is lunch. And even that is unsure because our lunch times rotate.

On top of that, it would be, in a way, unprofessional of her to talk to me. Except if it was about work and there really isn't anything work related for us to talk about.

The only things I can think of are subtle greetings, smiling and maybe asking a little about her work(security).
    But the problem is that it doesn't come naturally to me to do that and it's allways a surprise when I see her so I can't prepare myself all that much.

If it's unprofessional for her to talk to you-- what do you think dating you is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post
    If it's unprofessional for her to talk to you-- what do you think dating you is going to be?
    Well, I happen to know that she is working here for only a few months anymore. Maybe then.

If you know each other, then just ask her mobile phone number and text to her. It is the best to approach her and develop a relationship
    "I'm" screen print designed portrait will be the best gift for capturing the mood and immortalizing the happiest moment of your family and relationships. Every our product is designed as artwork for you to capture the memorable moment in your life forever.

[URL="http://www.im-mi.com"]www.im-mi.com[/URL]

[

Quote Originally Posted by im-mi View Post
    If you know each other, then just ask her mobile phone number and text to her. It is the best to approach her and develop a relationship
    I don't know her so I can't do that right away. I'd have to get a little small talk in first but
    it's always a surprise when I see her. I'd have to act fast but I always just choke and think that there will be a next time.