+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel so down and depress! Please tell me how to get over someone...

I feel so down and depress! Please tell me how to get over someone...

I really like one guy since the first time I met him. We first met around 2 years ago. We start from being a good friend - sms to each other almost everyday and call each other sometimes. Since October of last year, we start hanging out together and become closer to each other. We spend time together like 2-3 times a week - going to the movie, having dinner and etc. I think he knows how I feel about him and I believe he has a good feelings towards me. I had been really nice to him and being very supportive and sincere to him. We discussed about how we can spend more time with each other and start flirting a lot. Anyway, deep down in my heart, I felt there's something wrong as I thought that he didn't like me as much as I like him. It's like I gave 100% to make this work and he only gave like 50%. Therefore, when talking on the phone, I decided to ask him where are we now, he said that he felt really good about me and considered me as a speicial person in his heart. Anyway, he said he wanted to spend more time together to get to know me more and then we can discuss this later. I thought that ok we can take it slow. I just want to know how he felt. Then I further asked, the place you called "special" you also have it for others? You know what he said? He said if he said he didn't have another girl, that would be a lie. So he admitted that he also has another girl who he knew before me. I was in deep shock. He said he liked me more than that girl as I understand him more and care more about him.... blah blah blah. I think this is not what I can accept as he thinks about me as one of his choices while I have only him it's just not fair and I can never alllow myself to be in that situation. I said to him "Ok, then we should just be normal friend if you are being like this, let's forget about this, why don't you go for that girl or if she's not good enough I hope you can find your dream girl". He's also very shocked when I said all this and became very quiet all along the conversation. That's the last time we talked and that's about almost 2 months ago. I'm very sad. He never contact me again while I also never contact him again. I felt that he must feel sad as well but you know what? Last week, my best friend told me she saw him with another girl and looked very happy. I cry so hard after knowing this. It proves that I'm the only one who still so sad and so care about it while he always has some girl as his back up and not even sad or worry about me. I feel so worthless and feel so down. I think about him most of the time and try to resist the temptation to call or text him. Even we both online on MSN, he never greets me or even said hi to me. What should I do? Do you think what's it in his mind? And will he ever contact me again? If you think I better forget about it and move on. How can I forget about him while I still have feelings for him?

im sorry, he sounds like abit of a numpty.
    I mean, he may have feelings for you but obviously they arent strong enough for him to contact you and ask for a relationship. Iv been in your position and even after 4/5 years i am still after this person even though i know he isnt interested in me. Sometimes we just have to let go and move on,as much as it hurts

I can't say time will change things because its not always true but atleast it gets easier in time.