+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Urgent Love Advice!

Need Urgent Love Advice!

Hi!
    I am completely torn between two men, and need advice asap, as the situation is becoming rather tricky & intense.
    I must choose man over the other. but which one?

first, I would like to say that I am bi-lingual and speak both french and english, and it is important for me for a boyfriend to appreciate my french culture & background. I'm still not sure to what extent I expect them to speak, or try to learn the French language, but it is something i feel very emotional about.
    Man A - is Mauritian. He speaks both French and English, and hence i feel a connection because he understands bi-culturalism. He is older than me, and divorced. I am 23 years old, he is 38 years old, but I feel as though he is the same age. He is a little immature, and together we have fun. He makes me laugh, and he is a very genuine, warm, and sincere person. The problem is, my parents met him & think that he is too old for me, and that one day when I am in my 40s and he is in his 60sI will get bored of him. He is cute, and I feel very natural around him. I trust him, and I know that he wants the best for me. The age does not matter at all to me, but it does for my parents, and my friends are less likely to get along with him.

Man B - is younger, 28 years old. However, B does not speak french. Although this is not a huge problem, I have dated Australian guys in the past that do not speak french. He still takes an interest in my past, in French cuisine, in french culture...etc... but it still saddens me that i am not able to speak french with him like i can with A. Man B is a very high achiever, he looks perfect on a CV. My parents have met him and approve of him. I feel more serious around him, I have spend less time with him than A, but I think that I feel comfortable around him. I think he has a lot of potential, is very keen on me, and I can see a future with him. The only problem is, something keeps holding me back from being with him.... i DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!

A is more flirtatious, and lighthearted. I feel at ease around him, and I feel like he can read my emotions well. I have already told A that I have feelings for him, and he was really receptive. We have kissed already.. but then B has since started actively pursuing me, and now I am starting to change my mind. I find that B is intriguing me more. I am still undecided, and don't want to rush into anything with B. I also don't want to hurt A's feelings, and I don't want to give up on A and then regret it.
    B is more engaging, and we talk for longer on the phone. He is more intellectual and I really appreciate this. I have been thinking that perhaps B makes better arguments, and expresses himself better than A.
    I think that what B says is more accurate. However, if I date B, I will miss the fun I have with A, and the special french connection.

To summarise: I think that A makes me laugh more, however I find B's arguments more interesting.

Follow your heart

Failing that do a PMI on both (Plus / Minus / Negative - google it)

But stop spamming the boards. One thread is usually enough to get everyone's attention.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Why the hurry to decide? It sounds like you need more time to see if your connection to B becomes stronger and to see how willing he is to learn French? Why not continue dating both until you're sure? Do they know about each other?