+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

I met this girl through a friend and she ended up wanting to hang out with me. We had a great time and found out we have a lot in common, we casually dated 4 more times after, each time was great for both of us. She had told me that she feels she is not emotionally ready for a relationship because of somethings that are bothering her in her past. Her ex's didn't treat her very well and she says she has a guard up and feels if there were any problems between us that she wouldn't have it inside her to try and fix them. So I've been taking it very slow with her, then we went through a 3 week period where we didn't hang out at all, we talked a lot but she said she needed space. She ended up telling me that I was taking it to fast and that she felt like I was forcing her into a relationship. I'm so confused because she was the one who asked me to hangout with her and I was taking it veeery slow. So the whole time she just "needed space" for what? I don't understand she has said several things that tell me she is interested in me and I'm equally interested in her so if we both want to just take it slow what is the big problem?

Anyways the 3 weeks apart really messed things up and I'm trying to figure out how I can get it back to where we were.

She is big on trust, and it is very hard for her to trust people, I know I can be trusted but how can I show her that I can be trusted?
    Last edited by tim2963; 17-05-09 at 03:02 AM.

I am in a similar situation as you and honestly, it can be very tough but I realize the best thing to do is to actually just back off and let this girl figure herself out.

I dated a girl for about a month or so recently and we really fell hard in the beginning. But as time went by I think she realized all the "real world" problems she had (family, her ex-, school,work,etc.) and began to spill most of those out to me. Red alarms were everywhere but I was stupid and ignored them and kept hanging out with her. Eventually now we haven't hung out b/c of similar reasons as you.

It's tough because I (and possibly you as well)...have NO drama in my life. I am over my ex-, I have a great family and job and I think the potential between the girl I was seeing was GREAT.

But ultimately what both YOU and I have to realize is that with these girls they need to figure themselves out first before they are capable of moving on.

Mind me asking the age of you two?

yeah....let her do her own thing..best not be involved with someone who cant handle it.....I know this from experience TRUST ME. Just go with the flow.........maybe you 2 will be great friends or more....you never know....