+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Something everybody wishes they knew six months ago..

Something everybody wishes they knew six months ago..

I'm sure this must have been brought up before. And I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate for this board. Seeing as the people coming here are probably slightly past this stage..

But basically. I thought I should attempt to let somebody learn from my mistakes. So here goes.

In simple terms. I ****ed up my last relationship with the perfect girl. And now she's dating some douchebag and I am well and truly in the "broken heart" zone. This happened because I began to have doubts about the relationship and I allowed myself to dwell on them for way too long. This eventually led to me becoming paranoid about pretty much everything and then breaking up with her. This then led on to me not getting back with her because I was afraid I would do something similar again, and then, when I realised I wanted her back, being too afraid to say it. This has led to six months of misery for both of us and destroyed my chances of ever being with her again. (as somebody may have read in my other thread currently up on this board, I basically was a complete idiot and to be honest don't deserve her anyway)

So, here's the best advice I can give to anybody experiencing doubts about their relationship.

1. Think back to when you first met, or when you first got together. Try to act like you did then, flirt with her like you did; say all the little things that mad her laugh every time but you haven't said in months; take her back to the first place you kissed; wear the same aftershave (or whatever you wear) as you did back then.

2. DO NOT dwell on your doubts. I did and it ruined everything. Prolonged periods of time with the same person is bound to cause friction but, as i said before, remember what it was like to start out, try to return your mindset to that time.

3. Look at the situation from an outside perspective. If i had done this properly then I NEVER would have broken up with my ex. She was absolutely perfect. You need to see her/him as if you're seeing them for the first time. Realise how beautiful they are (and then tell them), listen to how funny then can be, notice how much they adore you and how much love and attention they pour into being with you.

Now, I'm sure mine is fairly common situation to be in.. well, if you simplify it down a bit. So I might get completely slated for stating the obvious with this post. But I hope I could at least help someone..

Remember; you got into this relationship for a reason, or for many reasons. Remeber those reasons.
    NO, other girls are not beggining to look attractive. Yours is BETTER and always will be.

Because she loves you SO MUCH more than you know.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    dum, dum dum dum dum
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Oh my, how many guys out there don't have the talent to realize this.. So many guys out there try to jump out of a relationship as soon as they have doubts about it.