+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need advice on my current situation

need advice on my current situation

hi everyone im quite new here...can anyone help me think things through...ive been together with a girl for 5 years then she went abroad to work in another country...its been like a year after she left when i saw my ex-gf...we started talking again..i started calling her...when i go out i always ask her to accompany me...when i realized that i had feelings for her i tried not to talk to her again coz i was afraid of what might happen but i cant help myself so i started calling her again and texting her..we often go out then one night we made love...its been 5 months...everytime i think of my girlfriend abroad i feel guilty but i cant break up with her we've gone throught a lot of tough times...5 years is really hard to let go...but when i see my ex-gf i really feel that she really loves me and i love her too but i dont want to hurt her..i tried to break up with my ex once but she insisted that we continue what we have....

she doesnt want to lose me thats why she does everything to make me happy so i wont leave her and i really appreciate everything shes doing...i think she wants to prove herself that she can take better care of me than my 5yr gf so i would choose her and leave my 5yr-gf...but im really confused...

how can i tell her that i can't break up with my 5yr-gf and we should take some time off...i love her...i want to make her happy...but i cant let go of the 5 years i have with my gf...

what should i do..help pls...im really confused....

really,you should NEVER of slept with you Ex. To be honest,you need to tell your girlfriend what you have done and let her decide if she wants to continue the relationship.

yea i thought of that already...are there any options left?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Never stay with someone out of pity. The short term pain you avoid will only be magnified to a much larger pain in the long term. Sometimes, the kindest thing you can do for someone is let them go.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    hi everyone im quite new here...can anyone help me think things through...ive been together with a girl for 5 years then she went abroad to work in another country...its been like a year after she left when i saw my ex-gf...we started talking again..i started calling her...when i go out i always ask her to accompany me...when i realized that i had feelings for her i tried not to talk to her again coz i was afraid of what might happen but i cant help myself so i started calling her again and texting her..we often go out then one night we made love...its been 5 months...everytime i think of my girlfriend abroad i feel guilty but i cant break up with her we've gone throught a lot of tough times...5 years is really hard to let go...but when i see my ex-gf i really feel that she really loves me and i love her too but i dont want to hurt her..i tried to break up with my ex once but she insisted that we continue what we have....

she doesnt want to lose me thats why she does everything to make me happy so i wont leave her and i really appreciate everything shes doing...i think she wants to prove herself that she can take better care of me than my 5yr gf so i would choose her and leave my 5yr-gf...but im really confused...

how can i tell her that i can't break up with my 5yr-gf and we should take some time off...i love her...i want to make her happy...but i cant let go of the 5 years i have with my gf...

what should i do..help pls...im really confused....
    Timothy, simply tell yourself this: You will have to live with YOUR actions for life. Don't allow yourself to get lost in the moments. Be the better person.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Yes, but it's a tuff one and you're not going to like it:

Go live by yourself till you're mature enough to commit to a stable relation with one person.

Don't tell me I am blunt. I know I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it was reasonable to expect yourself to maintain a relationship with someone who's been abroad for over a year. You guys should have broken things off, and reconnected when she came home (if you both were still interested).

I think you should make this happen right away.