+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about a girl

Confused about a girl

Helo everyone!

As the title said I'm abit confused about a girl I met lately. We work at the same place as bartenders (she started 3 weeks ago, and I've been working there for 2 years now), and I got a crush on her.

One day about 2 weeks ago she and I (which were still pretty unknown to eachother) were both going out with friends and "bumped" randomly into eachother. She was teasing me for ordering a beer, she thought I could do better since, as stated above, I work as a bartender. We spoke for a few minutes before I returned to my firends and she to hers. Later that night she came up to me again and asked if I would join her to a table for a smoke outside (as I live in norway we cannot smoke inside). She wanted to play a "game" with called 10questions game which is a game where we ask eachother questions in turn and the other answers. I asume this is a pretty positive indicator of interest (yes I've read "the game" by Neil Straus but that doesnt matter now as this girl is everything I want right now) and well, from there we got to know eachother much better. When the bar closed she asked if I was taking a taxi home, and I aswered "no" because I know she was living just a few blocks away and I was hoping I could walk her home (nothing more) simply because I love to chat with her, and as I was hoping for, she asked if I could walk her home. She walked up next to me and held her and in my arm, you know, as gentlemen and womans do and we continued the chat which I think both enjoyed. When we were suposed to go diffrent ways we sat down for another 30min and talked some more, before she gave me a hug and we both went home to ourselves.

The 5 following days we chatted alot on facebook-chat, and to me it seemed pretty obvious that we wanted the same thing.. Altho she didnt tell me directly... Usualy you know when there is equal interest, right?

last friday we were both working. Her shift ended 18:00 and mine ended 22:00.. I was pretty tired after work, and planned to just stay home and relax. But she was sent me an sms:"I'm hoping to see you tonight". I was going!

She braught 2 of her friends with her, one guy and one girl and to me it seemed like she was proudly introducing me to them.. They were really nice and I think they even said (when she went to order a drink) that she was speaking about me alot before they arrived. The evening was pretty amazing (doh, she was there!) and it was time to walk her home again.. This time we sat at the same crosroad for 3 hours (not 30 min as last time), I gave her my jacket since she was cold and I think it was abit romantic. When we decided to leave she told me to kiss her, and I did.. A sweet kiss, lasted for about 20sec before I ended it (didnt want her to feel uncomfortable). Then I looked her in her eyes, MAN she got emberased! I tell you, she couldnt even look at me. I asked if she was ok, and if she wanted to go home now and she did. As I walked home (after taking her home) she sendt me a sms (I cannot translate the message straight from norwegian to english), It was saying something like I was getting important to her, that we were getting close.

1 day ago she was taking a few beers, at a friends pleace with 2 colegues(girls) from my job. They invited me, but I had to get up early to study for an exam so I couldnt. During that night, she told our colegues about the kiss and said It was a very nice kiss.

Ok thats roughly our short story. But I am confused if she likes me or not.
    ....I know, from the text I shouldnt be confused at all.. and I wouldnt if this was a "normal" girl, but she is not.
    First of all: She has recently broke up with her boyfriend (like 2 months ago)
    Second: She have alot of male-friends, which makes me think If I'm just another one.
    Third: She have "only" had 3 boyfriends (she's 21 years old), which makes me wonder if she's just a flirt

And, this is silly (I think), but 1hour before I posted this I called her as I drow home asking if she was going to log onto facebook chat (as we do every evening). She said "maybe" as she was watching a program with her sisters (they do that every tuesday). 10min later she sendt me an sms:"I dont think I'm gonna log on, I'm tired! Didnt get enough sleep last night. sleep well"
    My point is, when I'm attracted (inlove?) to a person I put that person on my top priority, before sleeping,eating, even breathing! Is she still interested in me? Is she getting tired of me? Am I moving too slow/fast?

Does noone have a clue?

it sounds to me like she is very interested! she wouldnt of asked you to kiss her or introduce her friends to you. Just because she didnt log on to face book doesnt mean shes not interested - she was tierd!
    stick in there, you sound like a sweet guy!

Well it seemed like I was right to suspect something wrong. She still have feelings for her ex, and tought we only were "fooling" around.. But then again she thinks there is "something" interesting about me. She still want to "fool" around with me, but I said "no".. I will only dig my own grave deeper than I have. I have feelings for her, she only wants to play.
    Is this the end of a chapter?

It sounds like she really liked you and things were going well.
    I know when I've recently broken up with someone part of me wants to find someone straight away to distract myself from my ex. Problem is I might then fall for that person without that being my original intention and then I start to feel confused almost guilty. Then people keep telling you that it will only be a rebound relationship and it won't work and so I begin to wonder if it is too early?
    However, you can't help it when you fall in love or are attracted to someone. Sometimes it doesn't matter about the timing and sometimes it might. I would giver her time to sort out her feelings. It may be harder for you to wait on the sidelines though.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Iinlovee View Post
    Well it seemed like I was right to suspect something wrong. She still have feelings for her ex, and tought we only were "fooling" around.. But then again she thinks there is "something" interesting about me. She still want to "fool" around with me, but I said "no".. I will only dig my own grave deeper than I have. I have feelings for her, she only wants to play.
    Is this the end of a chapter?
    Good call... yeah.. don't get romanticaly involved with a player.

You're better than that and you know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was misspoken, I didnt really mean she was a player, but that were her intention from the start.. She actualy told me last night that she was (again difficult word to translate) "fascinated" by me (sounds better in norwegian tho). And she will try to not "hit" on me (since I asked her not to), but she said she find it hard, especially when she is drunk. And she actualy told me to stop smiling cause it would make it worse for her........ You see why it makes me confused?
    I responded with "I cant help smiling, cause you make me"..
    Last edited by Iinlovee; 29-05-09 at 05:59 AM.