+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Boyfriends' friend seems to hit on me

My Boyfriends' friend seems to hit on me

Here's the situation - My boyfriend has 2 roommates and one of them is always sort of flirting with me. He always tells me how pretty I look and is always coming into my boyfriends room when he is at work to see what I am doing or if I want to hang out. My boyfriend is a waiter and a few nights ago his friend offered to take me out to dinner to the restaurant my boyfriend works at and I thought nothing of it so I went him and my boyfriend waited on me and he drove us back to the apartment afterwards and asked me to watch a movie until my boyfriend came home. I didn't have anything else to do so I sat in a chair while he sat on the couch and we watched a Katt Williams comedy. At some point I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up he had put a blanket on me and swept my hair off my face. This wouldn't be quite as wierd if he didn't have a girlfriend who I actually set him up with. Another wierd thing is that I always catch him staring at me, we went out on a double date and he sat next to me and his girlfriend sat on the other side of him and at one point I could feel him staring at me but I just kept looking forward at his girlfriend across the table who was staring at him until she finally said what are you looking at? That was an awkward moment. Despite all these small things he has never touched me or tried to kiss me or said anything that would make me think he was interested in me. What do you think and what should I do or am I just over analyzing?

I think you should re-iterate that you're in a relationship, you're happy, and that his behavior makes you feel uncomfortable.

If any of the above isn't the case then you should dump the boyfriend and **** his roommate so that you can get off on the drama it causes.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

If it is bothering you, then you should do something about it. The only overanalyzing you are doing is questioning whether or not your feelings are legitimate. I would suggest declining his future requests to spend time alone, or perhaps mentioning it to your boyfriend, if the two of you are close enough to talk about that kind of thing.
    I'm a guy, and to me, that guy's behavior seems weird as well.
    If he was my roommate, acting the same way with my girlfriend that he does with you, I would probably not feel too threatened, just cause the guy sounds kind of wimpy, for lack of a better word.
    Also, my girlfriend would probably have the same reaction to that behavior that you and most other girls would, and that is that she would be weirded out and probably distance herself from that roommate of mine.

i think he is interested... just tell him you're in a relationship and you are happy with it...
    If you just say it, hopefully he will understand

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    one thread is more than enough.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

How about you stop doing inappropriate things with him, like going out to dinner and going home to watch a movie?

You're sending mixed signals. Knock it off.
    Spammer Spanker