+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to break up but I dont know? :(

I want to break up but I dont know? :(

Hello im am in this crazy situation that my feelings cannot handle at all!
    I have been going out with my girlfriend for 4 months already. She is the best girlfriend I ever had honestly she is funny nice and fun to be with but then there is to situations that intervein in my love thoughts...

first one, there is another girl that i think i have stronger feelings about. This other girl is my bestfriend and ive known her for 5 years. There has always been something going on between us two but we never dated, because i never tryed to ask didnt want to ruin our relationship and lose her and I was scared she didnt have the same feelings as i do. So when i started dating , my best friend started getting really close to me and started saying she loved me and everything but i dont know if she meant it or not. Ive always loved her and ever since day one with my current girlfriend ive been thinking about my friend.
    One time i was in my gf's room and i was looking at her thinking how much i enjoyed being with her and loved her, but then i tried to compare with my bestfriend and thats when my emotions totally flipped, i have stronger feelings for my bestfriend. Plus I am going to prom with my bestfriend and not my girlfriend. It was like that before i went out with my gf.

My second point is that summer is comming and i think i want to hang with my friends more than with my girlfriend. I want to go to bars and just spend the best summer of my life as a graduate with my friends. and i feel a girlfriend could kind of "ruin" my summer although i am sure i would have fun but id have more fun with my friends.

Now the problem is i think it is better for me to break up with her. But i am really sad because she is a really good girl and she never did anything wrong to me i need advice plz

thank you
    Last edited by frenzy; 31-05-09 at 02:56 PM.

Move on!!

hey frenzy...i tink u care for gf..bt u cnt get along wid her..u want to brk-up wid her bt u dnt want her to get hurt or u dnt want to picture urself as a bad guy..
    the plus point in ur relationship is dt it is only 4 months long..its bttr late than never..jst tell her ur reasons..nd plz dnt tell her dt u luv or lyk ur best frnd..its bttr to go for brk-up..dn being cheated on..

Well.. That's a wonderfull mess isn't it?

Ok. I'll give you my opinion on it:

1. You always should be honest with your partner when it comes to this.

2. You'll have to make a choice and live with it.

3. Whomever you bring the 'bad news', tell her in such way that she understands that it's not her fault. This very important. The person who's being rejected will feel very hurt. It's very important to bring it gently and it such way that minimal emotional damage is done (put yourself in the position of the person who receives the 'bad news'). She may be upset and hurt at first, but if you bring it this way, in the long run she won't hold resentment and it will make it easier on her to move on.

4. Make your decission final. No jumping back and forth between 2 people. This isn't a game.

In other words: do this in a mature, loving and caring way. Don't turn it into a long drama. Be friendly, calm and gentle, but to the point.

Realize it will be an emotional moment, for the both of you and be as prepared as you can.

I suggest you carefully think about what you are going to say to your girlfriend and to your bestfriend, and how you are going to handle this.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 01-06-09 at 06:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thank you so much both of you! you do not know how much this is helping me thank you very much!