+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stupid Breaks

Stupid Breaks

This morning my boyfriend decided we need to go on a break! We are together for 2 years and this is totally out of the blue. We had a bad patch there about 6 months ago but everything is great now, or so I though!!
    He says he just needs some time alone!? There is nothing I can do to change his mind, it hurts so so so so much and I miss him already.

All you can do is give him his break. But keep your own feelings in mind also. I really don't understand why people do "breaks" in a relationship. A break is a break to me, broken up. Like I've said in some other posts, take some personal time to yourself, benefit from the break instead of sulking in it. Spend time with friends, have you time.

Give him some time and space. Don't wait forever though.

There's some truth to the saying: If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Give him some time and space. Don't wait forever though.

There's some truth to the saying: If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.

I just wish he'd come back soon!! I was thinking of leaving it a week then suggesting we meet up, do u think that sounds long enough?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie_loo89 View Post
    All you can do is give him his break. But keep your own feelings in mind also. I really don't understand why people do "breaks" in a relationship. A break is a break to me, broken up. Like I've said in some other posts, take some personal time to yourself, benefit from the break instead of sulking in it. Spend time with friends, have you time.
    That's what I don't understand either, to me it sounds like he needs the 'get out of jail for free card' instead of
    spending time apart and staying loyal...

Quote Originally Posted by Lineofsight View Post
    That's what I don't understand either, to me it sounds like he needs the 'get out of jail for free card' instead of
    spending time apart and staying loyal...
    hi, wel i spoke to him the other night. he said he does reallt think we will get bsck together he just needs a little time alone and that he does still love me. i asked him if this was a cop out he said he wouldnt say he thinks we wil get back together if he didnt think that.

Quote Originally Posted by crazystudent View Post
    hi, wel i spoke to him the other night. he said he does reallt think we will get bsck together he just needs a little time alone and that he does still love me. i asked him if this was a cop out he said he wouldnt say he thinks we wil get back together if he didnt think that.
    Hello , sorry but I don't get this guy! Why would he need a break if he is sure you two will get back together? Why does the relationship itself need to officially stop in order for him to spend some time alone? It's not fair to you! Doesn't he understand how worried it makes you feel? Did he explain exactly why he needed some time to 'be without you'? I'm not saying he's cheating, but he has to have a really good reason for making you worry like this. After all, ending a relationship is the same thing as a break except it's longer but the potential for getting back together is just as strong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineofsight View Post
    Hello , sorry but I don't get this guy! Why would he need a break if he is sure you two will get back together? Why does the relationship itself need to officially stop in order for him to spend some time alone? It's not fair to you! Doesn't he understand how worried it makes you feel? Did he explain exactly why he needed some time to 'be without you'? I'm not saying he's cheating, but he has to have a really good reason for making you worry like this. After all, ending a relationship is the same thing as a break except it's longer but the potential for getting back together is just as strong imo.

oh neither do I!! I want to ask him a lot of things but I am going to give him a week before I ask him to meet up with me. Hopefully we can arrange some time period or rules or something. If he does want to play the field a bit (which I honestly dont think he does) I would like to know. Really you think a full break up has just as much chance of gettin back on track as a break?

Quote Originally Posted by crazystudent View Post
    oh neither do I!! I want to ask him a lot of things but I am going to give him a week before I ask him to meet up with me. Hopefully we can arrange some time period or rules or something. If he does want to play the field a bit (which I honestly dont think he does) I would like to know. Really you think a full break up has just as much chance of gettin back on track as a break?
    When he asks you to get back together tell him it's your turn to have a break. Haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

I think that you should act as if you don't think he's coming back. Think about trying to get over him, imagine life without him, etc. If he comes back, reevaluate whether you want someone that would do that to you.

It's not all up to him, you know.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    he's probably interested in someone else.. well atleast that is what i would say in his situation.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think that you should act as if you don't think he's coming back. Think about trying to get over him, imagine life without him, etc. If he comes back, reevaluate whether you want someone that would do that to you.

It's not all up to him, you know.

Hi, thats the way I have been thinking. In fainess it has made me re evaluate things a bit, I stil want to be his girlfriend but I want to do some things differently.

Tonight he text me says, 'Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow I am sure you'l be brilliant xxx' (I am starting a new job) a short convo followed he said he wont be with anyone else he just thinks we need a lil bit of time apart and it ended with I love you so I think we should get back together?