+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting the cold treatment

Getting the cold treatment

So I've been seeing someone (a really good friend of a best mate) for the past couple of months. Well, technically, since for the past three weeks she's been too busy to hang out just the two of us. The first month was great, but since then every attempt I've made at planning something has been turned down. She originally blamed work and exams, but they finished a week ago and she is pulling all kinds of excuses ("I have to pack" -_- Who packs all day long?). I decided that for a week or two I'd just pull back, giving her space and letting her come to me, however it seems she has also pulled back, communication from her end has been nada. We ran into each other in a bar, and she was in great form with everyone, throwing hugs around to all her friends and laughing away, except with me

So all signs point to she's lost interest. Fair enough, I've been there many times. But how do you talk to someone about it if they're always 'too busy' to meet in person? (I'm not considering over the phone btw)

And she only lives a 20 minute cycle away! Should I just turn up outside her door unannounced? Since she's well in my social circle I feel I need some kind of closure or clarity instead of just letting things trail awkwardly off.

Well the problem is she doesn't owe you any clarity. As for closure - that's something you have to obtain yourself.

Why visit her and show you care enough to make a special trip in hopes of receiving an explanation which she may or may not give? Pretend like you don't care. Ignore her the same way she's ignoring you.
    Last edited by Spring Haze; 02-06-09 at 11:13 AM.

I agree with Spring_Haze. This is a sign that she’s totally not into you. If she did, she would have acknowledged you. You might have given her cause to totally ignore you. I think it’s not advisable for you to go and visit her to inquire as to the reason why. This might freak her out. Just put it down as the gal being not that interested in knowing you.