+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Female co-worker turmoil

Female co-worker turmoil

Hello guys/girls,

I have an issue at work and was hoping for some good advise from the experts. There is a tall, very attractive girl in my office, where I have been for six months. I talk to her on a daily basis about personal stuff. She used to very engaging in her conversation, talking to me so much that the boss would stare over at me..LOL. Over the last month or so, she has been a lot more reserved during her conversation, just giving brief answers and not interacting with me very much. To cpmplicate matters, two guys that work there keep telling me they think she has a thing for me - just based on the fact she talks to me more than other guys, smiles at me more than other guys and other things. These guys won't let up! I don't know if they are pulling me leg or being truthful. Also, she has a BF that she treats like crap (she even told me so) and these guys tell me not to worry about him! I have given her a few gifts in the past when I felt like I upset her and she likes them.

Basically I don't know what to do. I have developed feelings for this girl and I don't know if this girl truly likes me, or if these guys are full of it. And I can't get a read on her, as one day she will be really outgoing and nice and the next day she acts like she wants nothing to do with me. Any ideas?

Stop the gifts. Step one...has she gotten you anything in return?

As long as there is a BF in the picture....ANY BF..regardless if he's crap or not, you won't be in it. She has to move on from him.

You might be talking to her too much and she can get the impression that other people are talking about you two. Girl employees sometimes like to avoid this type of drama and do not want to be seen "too much" with certain male co-workers so they can avoid rumors starting. It might not be true but it's an idea (I have had female co-workers mention this reasoning to me before regarding them and male co-workers...myself included once).

Let her come to you, but don't get your hopes up. If anything is going to happen, it'll all fall into place easily at work.

Well, no, she hasn't gotten me anything. One time she helped me out with a problem and talked to the boss about me leaving early. She does talk quite a bit to another dude at work. Goes up to him and such, but I've been told they are just freinds. I do know she felt bad about not giving me the attention she gave some other guys when someone told her I was upset about it. In the past she has passed by me and smiled without saying anything. There was a group of us and she only looked at me and smiled - didn't say anything to the other guys. And, according to those guys, when they mention my name to her, she gets excited. I am in the process of trying to find someone so I don't know what to do about this, and it has caused some tension at work.

I agree with the above-- she has a boyfriend. Jerk or not, you need to back off.

Even if they did break up, she'd need time to move on.. unless you're cool with being the rebound.

Best to find yourself someone single.. outside of work is also a plus.

I don't even have to look up your old threads to jog my memory. i know exactly who you are.

Perf, you need to ****ING STOP TRYING TO DATE COWORKERS.
    Spammer Spanker