+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rebounding or not?

Rebounding or not?

What do you do after a bad breakup (him cheating) leads to him rebounding, but his rebound lasting 7 months after breakup and you have to see them all the time together?

Need more input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We went out for about 7 months and he was the first guyi fell in love with and slept with but we broke up 7 months ago, because i caught him cheating on me in a club, even though i didnt want to break up with him,i felt like it was the right thing to do after what had happened but i was still very much in love with him and he knew this, he said he wanted to be alone and that he needed a break from relationships as he had been in them since a young age without breaks. 2 weeks later he hooks up with some girl and has been with her ever since, we have mutual friends and attend the same uni, so Im always bumping into them two together doing couply things that he never wanted to do with me. He even came round my house a week after they got together to tell me and "answer any questions i have" and he even admited that he was being a "bastard". ive tried so hard to get over him, but he used to call me pathetic for not being over it by the time he got with her. When he is with her he tries to get my attention, but when he's by himself he completely ignores me and acts as if i don't exist. I've not said a word to him in 6 months, but yet it still hurts. I thought rebounds weren't supposed to last?

What do you do? You look the other way. I know it sounds harsh, but what this guy does now and who he does it with and for how long are all none of your business. Clearly, it wasn't a rebound. He was over you before you broke up, or he wouldn't have been cheating. You only rebound if you're getting out of a relationship and having difficulty getting past it. Otherwise, it's just your next relationship.

Move. On. Already.
    Spammer Spanker

OK that makes more sense now.

Well frankly doll, you should do what he is doing with you: ignore him. Accept the relation with him is over and move on. He's not on a rebound, he's in a new relation.

That's all you can do and hopefully learn from your mistakes and take the time as single to improve yourself as a person.

Give yourself time to grieve, feel like shit, burn his pictures, throw his CD's in the microwave and fry them, cry, yell, suck your thumb, go counseling if you have to.

Then realize he wasn't worth of you, that you are a great person worthy of much better than him and get back in the dating scene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Consider it's lasted 7 months, I'd say that's not a rebound but rather a RELATIONSHIP.

Seriously, this guy sucks.. ignore him and move on.

What he does now should be no concern of yours.. if he tries to rub it in your face, who cares? The only person who has control over it getting to you is YOU. So, don't let it bother you.