+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bank

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I already told you (as a former bank employee) and Gribble also told you (he, another former bank employee) that you are imagining things if you think those tellers have the time or inclination to go rummaging around to look and see who has how much money. People working in banks look at other people's money like it was Monopoly money, or even just numbers on a page. And trust me, they see people with a lot more (and a lot less) than you have all day long. Very few people actually stand out. When I worked in the bank, I frequently wouldn't even notice celebrities who came in... my coworkers would have to tell me.

Honestly, I think the fact that you are so obssessed with your own money says a lot about you.
    Last edited by vashti; 11-06-09 at 08:32 PM.

lol i think when you go out to coffee you should tell her that you're a hot commodity because of all your money. then come back here and tell us what she says.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Don't take me so seriously. Believe me; I don't take myself that seriously.

Of course, I would never ask her out. In case you hadn't noticed over the years...more than half of me is tongue-in-cheek and professional development.

I'm a 40-something bachelor who has had nothing but dozens of failed relationships over a 20+ year period. Like I want to pursue just one more? Just to add further proof that, "Yes, Cameron, you really suck when it comes to picking women." The only ones that go out with me are the losers, the nut-jobs, the ones with emotional problems and baggage; i.e., those women that everyone else has figured out to avoid, but somehow I allow myself to get suckered in. When the occasional good one comes along, I'm stymied and screw it up and live with regrets.

And, money...whatever. In today's world, there's three groups of people in the "developed" world: a) those living off credit; b) those making ends meet until gas prices go to $10 a gallon (which they will shortly); and c) those who are stinking rich. I'm in category B--pretty much the average person. Do you honestly think that I'd stand out with anyone? Nah. As I've said a million times, I'm invisible to the world.

It was nice to return to the site and see that things are just the same.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I already told you (as a former bank employee) and Gribble also told you (he, another former bank employee) that you are imagining things if you think those tellers have the time or inclination to go rummaging around to look and see who has how much money.
    While this is true, the point I think is that she *could* look it up. My sister works for a large, national bank. I asked her this explicitly & she said they totally *do* look up people's stuff. Tho, for the most part they don't really care, except that people often look like they have more money than they actually do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Don't take me so seriously. Believe me; I don't take myself that seriously.

Of course, I would never ask her out. In case you hadn't noticed over the years...more than half of me is tongue-in-cheek and professional development.

I'm a 40-something bachelor who has had nothing but dozens of failed relationships over a 20+ year period. Like I want to pursue just one more? Just to add further proof that, "Yes, Cameron, you really suck when it comes to picking women." The only ones that go out with me are the losers, the nut-jobs, the ones with emotional problems and baggage; i.e., those women that everyone else has figured out to avoid, but somehow I allow myself to get suckered in. When the occasional good one comes along, I'm stymied and screw it up and live with regrets.

And, money...whatever. In today's world, there's three groups of people in the "developed" world: a) those living off credit; b) those making ends meet until gas prices go to $10 a gallon (which they will shortly); and c) those who are stinking rich. I'm in category B--pretty much the average person. Do you honestly think that I'd stand out with anyone? Nah. As I've said a million times, I'm invisible to the world.

It was nice to return to the site and see that things are just the same.
    My first thought was the dental hygienist. You should ask them both out... at the same time.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You have enough trouble connecting with someone your own age, my friend. This is just a recipe for disaster.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    ...Changing banks would practically take a minor Act of Parliament, so that is not an option.
    Oooo. Talk about risky business! Tic her off -- like, asking her for her mom's phone number! -- and good-bye good credit rating. I wouldn't be comfortable with my jewels hanging that far out my pants. But the rush of air would definitely be thrilling. Good luck, Cam.
    Speak less. Say more.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    My sister works for a large, national bank. I asked her this explicitly & she said they totally *do* look up people's stuff.
    "They" do, or your sister does?

And what's the point in looking? Most people with money invest it rather than leaving it in the bank, and lots of people have multiple bank accounts in multiple banks. I know we do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She mentioned that she and others have looked stuff up. Mind, I didn't ask the last time that was; could have been a while ago. But she also said what I already mentioned: that it really wasn't that interesting to her except folks generally have less money than it seems b/c of debt.

So, that said, it is certainly possible.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    When I worked in the bank, I frequently wouldn't even notice celebrities who came in... my coworkers would have to tell me.
    I understand why a teller would not notice but the banker does. That's how they know who to smiles and talk to more. I wouldn't worry about it though. It's their job to please their clients.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You have enough trouble connecting with someone your own age, my friend. This is just a recipe for disaster.
    Like I said, I'll never ask. I guess on occasion, I resist the confirmed fact that I will never have a meaningful relationship and that, therefore, I ought to just live out my existence in its current state, which is pleasant enough and rewarding.

It confirms my virility to even have a thought about a woman, which means that the other part of me--the emotional part--still exists but is of no real value.

On another issue: I don't actually have trouble connecting, Giga. I have trouble with whom I'm connecting. Too many compromises of principle, too much baggage to overlook. I keep my baggage to myself in most relationships; but find myself facing all of "hers"...which is usually dumped out with the assumption that I either accept it or go take a hike.

In the past, I would be the pleasant person, the accepting person, the person willing to overlook it. Yes, I have mentioned frustrations here, but never to their faces. And, like I've said, this site is more or less an opportunity to gain often valuable perspectives and to vent and to have a bit of poetic license, etc.

At this point, I'm tired of overlooking things and I'm tired of considering ways that I can change to meet their needs, their silent demands for me being the understanding oaf.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ha! See my last post about the 'deliberately dumb'. Actually, you don't have to, the idea of it right here says it all.

Cam, you're well past the 'ah **** it' stage, aren't you? You are who you are, you have done well with it, so (to quote Feynman's deceased but pragmatic wife) "What do you care what other people think?".

In which case, you have much in common with Hayward. Mbe you should take his suggestion for real instead of tongue-in cheek. What's the worst that happens to you? LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ha! See my last post about the 'deliberately dumb'. Actually, you don't have to, the idea of it right here says it all.

Cam, you're well past the 'ah **** it' stage, aren't you? You are who you are, you have done well with it, so (to quote Feynman's deceased but pragmatic wife) "What do you care what other people think?".

In which case, you have much in common with Hayward. Mbe you should take his suggestion for real instead of tongue-in cheek. What's the worst that happens to you? LOL.
    Yes, I might or might not. Who knows. Largely dependent on "the moment" and how much of a risk-taker I am on that particular day

I like Feyman--one of the first books given to me as a young adult..."Surely You're Joking..." Nice to even be associated with the name of a Nobel Laureate...

Do you recall the chapter in "Surely You're Joking..." when Feyman was trying to pick up women in a bar? Hilarious. I think it was called, "You Just ask Them...?" Great chapter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12