+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting new people...

Meeting new people...

I'm 17, and I've never been in a relationship, i don't know what happened, or if opportunities have passed me. But im not interested in any of my peers, and they most likely aren't interested in me. I wouldn't exactly say im hideous, id like to give myself a 7/10 on any scale.

I personally don't like any of my female peers because of their interests differ so greatly from mine. I was curious if there's any places a teenager could go to meet someone new. I've looked online, and everything just seems like places i could never meet a girl id be interested in. I'm usually used to being a loner, but its really catching up to me.

I can't really give you too much reliable info on meeting new people that you probbably haven't heard before, But I can tell you that at 17 your oppurtunities haven't passed you by.

Um, maybe you are being harsh on yourself and your peers? Talk to people about everything you can find in common with them. That's how you gain social skills. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    Um, maybe you are being harsh on yourself and your peers? Talk to people about everything you can find in common with them. That's how you gain social skills. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
    By my peers, im referring to a small group of about maybe 4-5 different girls, they are already in relationships. Its a small click of people in highschool, i personally dont even like any of them. But its always better to have friends then be a complete loser. My intrests differ greatly from anyone at my school. The school is completely buried in hip-hop. I don't mind it personally, but my peers live in it. They talk about the latest music constantly and i just can't relate, their other hobbies include watching basketball. Generally i just dont fit in with my crowd. It's why id like to meet new people that maybe have similar intrests as me.

Now that ive read this myself, im probably just being too picky, maybe how thats always been. chances of finding a girl my age that has the same interests as me are slim. I've concluded my own thread that i must lower my standards. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshpi View Post
    It's why id like to meet new people that maybe have similar intrests as me.
    Would've helped if you'd have somewhat listed your interests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]