+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Literallt lost everything and don't know how to rebuild

Literallt lost everything and don't know how to rebuild

I met a gorgeous, itelligent woman overseas. We fell in love instantly but becuae we were working together our relationship was a little taboo. Long story short we lost our jobs in favor of the relationship and ended up traveling all over the world. I asked her to marry me and she said no.

Now I'm homeless, unemployed, I've alienated all of my friends and family, I cry myself to sleep every night and I'm suicidal. I gave up everything for a woman who doesn't even care about me any more and I'm really messed up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    infl8

live and learn, i guess

You can get it back. You just need to get yourself moving in the right direction, and it feels impossible because you're heartbroken, but believe in your own powers of regeneration. You can do this.

If you've really alienated everyone, you must have been doing something more than just a little taboo. You may have to start over and make new friends, revise your expectations of how much support you can get from your family, etc.

Ultimately, this is the fire that will form you into the person you're going to become. It's painful, but you'll learn from this.
    Spammer Spanker

So you made a bunch of mistakes. Big deal. Everyone does. It's called life. The trick is to learn from them.

Instead of getting all depressed about it, why don't you ask yourself the question: what did I learn from this and how can I improve myself and not make the same mistakes again in the future?

That's how people mature and grow instead of sitting in a dark hole while feeling sorry for themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, what you have here is a new adventure. I want you to find one thing to do everyday thats out of the norm for you. Go somewhere (doesn't have to cost you money believe me I've lived paycheck to paycheck enough to know that sitting in a barracks room with no one to come home to sucks a hell of a lot more then even the simplest thing like taking a walk out in town). Take it day by day, before you know it you'll be back on your feet.

That's good advice. I've been trying to do that every day. I'm thinking of moving to a new town just for a change of scenery. It might help me move on.

Quote Originally Posted by infl8 View Post
    I'm thinking of moving to a new town just for a change of scenery. It might help me move on.
    That's the spirit. It's not the end of the world. It's a temporary setback. You'll get over this hump.

It's sorta like navybones says: a chapter of your life has ended, and a new chapter starts. The pages are blank and you are the author.

I hope that makes sense to you.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 16-06-09 at 08:09 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eliminate all reminders of her . and everytime you want to cry say your better than her.

meet new people and get a hair cut do everything new