+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Friends Dabockle (Repost)

The Friends Dabockle (Repost)

(Reposting this from the "Ask a Female" section):

Well, this is my "second" post here, me being the social bee that I am require advice from multiple angles. Just a little about me for starters before I get into my situation:

I'm 21 years old, I'm active duty Navy, serving overseas in Japan. I'm essentially a young buck with overly high standards in women, I play the role of the quintessential nice guy (courtesy of a strict father) with a slight attitude and have an outrageous sense of humor. But that's neither here or there:

Story of my life: Guy meets girl, girl likes guy, girl and guy become friends, guy watches girl date guys while holding out for girl, girl always returns to guy, only to find new guy to date.

I'm used to this. But certain things have changed. The long story is as follows; I met a girl in high school we've been close friends for 6+ years (known each other since elementary however), and I want something more. We've spent the last few months doing nothing but lay out the perfect mate to each other, (essentially describing each other w/o saying it naturally). One day I got tired of it, and asked her what we're doing, as we basically end up having the same conversation every night, and every night ends in a few compliments and a goodnight, nothing more nothing less. Her response was that she had the same thoughts but that she didn't want to risk loosing what we had as she trusts me more then anyone else.

The other issues:
    > I'm in the military serving overseas and still have a year left before I'm up for orders, she's back in CA.
    > She met a guy last week - he is essentially me to the tee (former Navy) +5 years.
    > I'm coming back to visit CA after 3 years of being gone. We have plans already including a date (yes she called it a date), but given our previous conversation I'm not sure whether to honor her requests or pursue her. I'm an honorable guy, but letting such compatibility go seems like such a waste.

All ears at this point.

Here's a hint.

Never repost.

One forum is enough.

Fair enough.

Please note, I'm not an admin and thus cannot delete/move posts to where they should have been more appropriately posted. My mistake.

Thanks for the hint though.