+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Problems due to highschool

Problems due to highschool

This year I had gotten with my current girlfriend. We're currently 8th graders and we've been going very strong ever since we had gotten together. We love each other tons, but we've run into a huge problem. Next year we'll be going to high school, and currently she's going to a different high school than me.

Now, she's been trying to transfer over to my high school to be with me, but she's running into problems due to the fact that our schools are poor and I believe there are too many students enrolled. So she's trying her best, but not much progress is being made. She might have to wait a year before they could POSSIBLY transfer her over.

And because of this I'm worried. I still want to be with her through out high school, and she does too. But we're worried about what'll happen to us over high school.

Should we continue to be together, despite having to wait a year to maybe be with her? I really do love her enough that I could wait for her. I could occasionally go out with her and see her, but it's hard because both of our parents are strict and don't let us out much at all. Plus, it'd seem like a some-what distant relationship. I've heard millions of times that long distance relationships don't work out in the end. I'm wondering if that's the same case as mine.

Or, should we just get over each other. Waiting a year will seem like an eternity for us. Like I said above, I do love her enough that I THINK I can wait for her that long, but I don't know how much that'll change as the year goes on. Additionally, I don't know if she'll ever get transferred to my high school or not. Her mother is even considering renting a house to get her into another high school (which isn't the one I'm going to), so that's not going to help. Furthermore, who knows if our feelings will change as we grow more distant? I want to make this work so we can be together, but I don't know how much our feelings will change.

I REALLY want to be with her still. Our relationship was just blossoming, and there's so many things that're still ahead of us. But it's all hindered due to this high school problem.

I'm really not sure what to do. The end of the school year is approaching so quickly and my feelings are getting the better of me. Could one of you please help me out? Thank you guys.

Ya'll are young. School should be on your minds more than each other at this point in time. If its meant to be, it will be, but now doesn't seem to be ya'lls time.

I'd try to get my mind off her, but its quite hard for me. We've been great friends for the past four years, and I've had feelings for her ever since then. We've shared romance before, but we finally got into a serious relationship this year.

This whole time she's been a big part of my life, to be honest. I'm usually quiet and serious most of the time, but seeing her makes me happy and helps me loosen up. Not seeing her much this summer and the next school year will be a real pain for me because I know that she'll be on my mind, whether I want to think about her or not. She just plays a major role in my life, and without her there I know I'd be miserable for quite awhile.

you've probably heard this before, but I'm going to say it again. Friends come, and friends go. No one lasts forever. It does hurt, yes. But it gets better with time. It'll take less time when you find someone/something else to occupy your mind with.

Thanks for the saying. I'll try to remember it, though it'll probably take me awhile before I can fully accept it.

Don't give up, but don't expect anything either. With that being said, don't stop trying either.