+ Follow This Topic

Thread: BF doesnt care if......

BF doesnt care if......

Today over lunch, I was approached by a man who told me I was a very attractive woman, offered to buy my lunch, then asked if he may take me out sometime for a few drinks. I told my boyfriend ( of 2 years ) about it later and he laughed about it, thought it was funny. He said he wouldn't care if I went out for a few drinks, "It's not like a date or anything" he said.

I was very hurt by those words. I turned the man down, naturally. I made sure I let my BF know I had turned the man down. And he still continued to make a joke out of it.

Can any guys give me some insight into why he would re-act that way? I expected him to ask if I had turned the guy down, when I told him about it.. not laugh and say he doesn't care.

it means your bf is secure with himself and isn't worried about you leaving him for another guy.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but it also means that he doesn't care about losing you.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    it means your bf is secure with himself and isn't worried about you leaving him for another guy.

That's my take as well, men who are secure in a relationship don't sweat the small stuff. Women get hit on everyday, if you know you are fulfilling her needs, you have no worries.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My girlfriend always has a new story about how some guy asked her if she "had babies, yet" (common question here in the south I guess), or if she's married.

Its never bothered me.

The only time I ever got up in arms is when she talked admiringly about a man who possessed similar traits (and then some) as me. Which was a case where it seemed like she was expressing interest.

I still overreacted, he was like 30 years older, smoked, and was "not even remotely attractive".

I'd guess he trusts you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't like that AT ALL. I think he's trying to set up relationship parameters where it's okay for you (or him) to go out on what is clearly a date with others, even if he doesn't call it that. Now when you bust him buying shots after work for a hot coworker in a dimly lit bar, he can tell you, "Hey, babe- I told you this is fine!"

Oh, hell no.
    Spammer Spanker

The man is coming at you, telling you how attractive you are and asking to spend some time with you and your boyfriend thinks that's ok? Something is wrong with that picture.

Uh, your boyfriend's name wouldn't happen to be Joshua would it?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand why you even told him. Are you trying to make him jealous? Sure sounds like it.

I wonder what your motivation behind telling him was? Did you WANT him to get upset? jealous? Would that prove how much he loves you? I don't know him, but if I were you I'd be happy he's not a crazy jealous boyfriend. You got hit on, it happens. Good for you for getting hit on and good for him for taking it stride. Now, if you had actually gone out with the guy, and he didn't care, then I'd be worried.
    Like my advice? check out my column at Examiner.com

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't like that AT ALL. I think he's trying to set up relationship parameters where it's okay for you (or him) to go out on what is clearly a date with others, even if he doesn't call it that. Now when you bust him buying shots after work for a hot coworker in a dimly lit bar, he can tell you, "Hey, babe- I told you this is fine!"

Oh, hell no.
    Drama queen.