+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gentleman - how important is a ladie's job to you?

Gentleman - how important is a ladie's job to you?

Do you feel her job is a reflection of herself? Do you feel intimidated if she makes more money than you?

For example, i am in banking - is that a turn on or turn off for a guy? Do guys even care?

talking generally, bear in mind i am a woman; i think yes it does matter to a man. i think men in a relationship prefer their gf/wife/significant other to have a lower job title/salary than them because they feel threatened.

if the woman is earning more then she will have more of a chance to make more decisions....maybe thats why?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Nope, don't care if you're waiter or a laywer. But then again, I'm only 19 and was raised by my mother.

Men generally don't care, much to the confusion of women who put off marriage to focus on career.

The only time I've found it matters is when a woman tries to treat the relationship like her job and ends up emasculating her man, things go downhill fast from there.

I don't care as long as she likes what she'd doing.

The last thing I want to hear is a woman comming home biatching about work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I don't care as long as she likes what she'd doing.

The last thing I want to hear is a woman comming home biatching about work.
    This seems to be the Last Word in my house, as well.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't care how much she makes as long as she doesn't use her income as a launching pad to manipulate the relationship or warp it in her favour.

I've seen it happen before.

Women have a biological need for a strong man... in character especially these days. When they don't have that, they often inadvertantly un-glue themselves.

I honestly don't care what they do, although I would feel intimidated if she made more money than me, especially a significant amount. It wouldn't necessarily stop me from dating her, but I probably would not be as confident nor would I be quite as aggressive about perusing her.

If a woman contributes to the bills in some shape or form with a job, I would have more respect for her.

If she doesn't contribute to the bills in any way, but just does small things like clean up once in a while, cook a meal here and then, or at least show some attempt to kinda hold down the fort when the man is away, i'd still respect her.

If she has this "piss on you" kind of attitude that she eats everything, ramps up the power bill, spends your money without paying a single penny towards it, then I wouldn't respect her. regardless she has a job or not

So the botom line is that a lady's job isn't too important to me, as long as she's contributing in some way, shape, or form.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelovedoctor View Post

If she has this "piss on you" kind of attitude that she eats everything, ramps up the power bill, spends your money without paying a single penny towards it, then I wouldn't respect her. regardless she has a job or not
    what the fuk is eating everything and ramping up the power bill?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by maryld View Post
    Do you feel her job is a reflection of herself? Do you feel intimidated if she makes more money than you?

For example, i am in banking - is that a turn on or turn off for a guy? Do guys even care?
    Coincidentally, one of my recent floggings and keel-haulings on LF (they flog me once a month, just make certain I'm still alive) related to my posting about a female banker.

I guess if you happen to have the backside of my female banker, then I guess you being a banker would be quite a turn-on

Seriously, I'm not too concerned about the woman's profession. Just as long as she isn't one of Charlie Sheen's hooker or stripper girlfriends...almost anything else would likely be okay with me.