+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broke

Broke

I am going to be broke.

I made plans earlier to go for a trip in Central-Europe, I have booked all the tickets already. We could have done it with hitchhiking, which seems more fun, but my lazy and rich friends don't like the idea. So I put my last funds into this trip and after that I am going to be broke. God damn hotels are so expensive. So, if anyone lives in Switzerland, maybe he/she can give me a roof for a night? Any ideas?

Its too late to cancel the trip. And then again, I haven't travelled much.

Now I have a girlfriend whom I absolutely adore and need a place to be. And it stresses me even more that her parents are well educated rich people and she is used to have money. I am searching for a proper job at summer, but its difficult times, tons of people without jobs. I lost 30% of my pay on my current night job, which was really small amount even before that.. And this college stuff, summer practice in a firm takes up two weeks, a gap which I cannot afford.. messes up everything. Almost everything I have purchased, is with my own money, my mother couldn't make it by herself also, so I give her money once in a while. My brother has his own job and living but all this is on a loan, I have even lent him some money, which I doubt I will ever see again, and he is going through harsh times also, gosh.
    Everything is so difficult, people always asking things, can you do this and can you do that, can you lend me some money, **** this. 100+ promises to fill but lost my will because I am going to be broke anyway. Today I had no sleep because of stress.

Some people will never understand this. People are used to live in their own enviornments, some people have used to have it all at the beginning. I am not one of them.

Funny, few days ago I was feeling just fine...
    Last edited by boobaa; 19-06-09 at 06:12 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

Sorry dude, I don't live in Switzerland.

Check out youth hostels. There are lots of them in the area. The German word for that is "Jugendherberge" They cost anywhere from 2-6 euros per person per night. That should help out your financial situation. In the worst case scenario you could sleep outside. It's pretty warm this time of year. Shit, I would do it.

While you are there, look for a place that gives money to blood donors. Here in my city, they give 36 euros for a blood donation. You can also donate platelets for 15 euros. Might be different in the Schweiz.

Have fun and enjoy the trip. Forget about all the shit back home for a while.

3-6 Euros, whoa. And my friend booked hotels for 800 Euros... 1 night in each hotel.
    Don't expect anything.

couchsurfing.com

Also, 2-6€ per night? I've never heard of that! I think the least I've ever paid for a hostel was 14€ a night - but maybe at actual Jugendherberge, where you have to pay a membership fee, it's less?

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    couchsurfing.com

Also, 2-6€ per night? I've never heard of that! I think the least I've ever paid for a hostel was 14€ a night - but maybe at actual Jugendherberge, where you have to pay a membership fee, it's less?
    I can't confirm the price, but youthhostels (jugendherberge) are cheap.

[url]http://www.youthhostel.ch/[/url]
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 19-06-09 at 06:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I can't confirm the price, but hostels (jugendherberge) are cheap.

[url]http://www.youthhostel.ch/[/url]
    I know hostels are cheap - I usually stay at hostels (or use couchsurfing.com - free, you often get free meals and a built-in guide/friend). But there are tons and tons of independent hostels in Germany, which cost 12-14€ and up, with no membership fee, in addition to Jugendherberge. To stay in an "official" Jugendherberge, you have to be a member of the Deutsche Jugendherbergswerk, which costs about €12 a year. These hostels also cost upwards of 15€ a night.

I can't figure out where you're finding hostels for €6 a night, let alone cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    3-6 Euros, whoa. And my friend booked hotels for 800 Euros... 1 night in each hotel.
    Your friend is a dum-dum. Definitely check for youth hostels, they are extremely cheap, especially in comparison to the 5 star hotels your friend is apparently booking.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I know hostels are cheap - I usually stay at hostels (or use couchsurfing.com - free, you often get free meals and a built-in guide/friend). But there are tons and tons of independent hostels in Germany, which cost 12-14€ and up, with no membership fee, in addition to Jugendherberge. To stay in an "official" Jugendherberge, you have to be a member of the Deutsche Jugendherbergswerk, which costs about €12 a year. These hostels also cost upwards of 15€ a night.

I can't figure out where you're finding hostels for €6 a night, let alone cheaper.
    I didn't personally find a youth hostel for 6 euros, but friends here tell me about them.

Also might I throw in, when my girlfriend came to visit, she booked a hotel that costed 60 euros per night. It was *very* nice and luxurious.

Jesus, all you're doing is sleeping in the place, I could NEVER justify spending that much for a hotel....ever.

Don't worry about the gf situation. You know as well as I do that if she doesn't accept you for not having a lot of money, then its a poor relationship from the get go.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 19-06-09 at 07:21 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Jesus, all you're doing is sleeping in the place, I could NEVER justify spending that much for a hotel....ever.

Don't worry about the gf situation. You know as well as I do that if she doesn't accept you for not having a lot of money, then its a poor relationship from the get go.
    I know. It seems she does respect me for who I am.

But it bothers me how she tells me what kind of apartments her friends have... She has travelled a lot, lived in Austria and Germany.

Today she called me and said she was looking all the old pictures when she was travelling, how she looked a year ago, and how she was at parties. I ask with whom, she tells me with her ex, who was way older than her and had a nice apartment, was a doctor and appareantly affected her to become a doctor... How is that supposed to make me feel? **** this shit I am pissed.

I do like her, a lot, but her past annoys the **** out of me, I am feeling like some lower class jerk.
    Don't expect anything.

Sorry to be the dummy, but what is euros in american form? Like how much is 10 dollars in euros?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Google, it tells you big and juicy: 1 Euro = 1.3924 U.S. dollars

So, 10 dollars is 7.2 euros.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I know. It seems she does respect me for who I am.

But it bothers me how she tells me what kind of apartments her friends have... She has travelled a lot, lived in Austria and Germany.

Today she called me and said she was looking all the old pictures when she was travelling, how she looked a year ago, and how she was at parties. I ask with whom, she tells me with her ex, who was way older than her and had a nice apartment, was a doctor and appareantly affected her to become a doctor... How is that supposed to make me feel? **** this shit I am pissed.

I do like her, a lot, but her past annoys the **** out of me, I am feeling like some lower class jerk.
    That's pretty bitchy of her.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm glad you have a GF boobaa. But tell her she's lucky to have you too.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

she's probably trying to impress you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast