+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficult Breakup

Difficult Breakup

Hi,
    I recently broke up with my girlfriend of a year and a half. Everything started going downhill about two months ago when I started to work full time. When I worked part-time we went out and did things almost all the time. But jumping from only 15 hours of work per week to 35-40 hours per week really took a toll on me, especially when i had to work the double shifts. I really didn't want to go out as much because I was usually sore when I got out of work. This is when things really started going bad because she started to hang out with her girlfriends almost everyday and seemed like she didn't even want to make time for me.

Me and my now ex girlfriend never drank we both felt like we didn't have to. But one night she went out with a couple friends drinking. But it wasn't the drinking that got me upset but the fact that she promised me before going out that she was the designated driver and she wasn't going to be drinking. She constantly told me that nothing happened, but she also admitted that she doesn't remember everything. A couple days after this incident i decided to break up with her. But I don't know if I made the wrong decision because I truly do miss her and I still love her.

BTW I am 18 and she is 19.

You broke up with her based on that little incident. C'mon man, there are bound to be better reasons for a break-up. Try not to lose people over trivial things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Get That Girl, Boy!
    Dating tips, Male Phsyche Reconditioning, Sex and Relationships

your signature has been mutilated by misombra.

you're welcome.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok ok ... so you guys shouldn't be drinking since you're both underaged anyway, but the age issue aside, as emerging adults, you guys are going to want to experiment with life more and more. You're not around, so she hangs out with her girlfriends and of course she's going to make an effort to have similar interests as them.

If there's any hope of salvaging this relationship, I would apologize for trying to control her life. Just because you can't go out due to work doesn't mean that she should sit at home and wait for you like a dog, you know?

And I know how you feel ... you want your priorities to be inline, but it can't be at your age and contrasting schedules. You guys are going to change big time in the next couple of years.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

You made a huge mistake, you need to go get your baby back.
    This is an extremely small mistake on her behalf, but not at all terms to be broken up with, then again if your willing to lose her cause of something this tiny, you might not feel as strongly as you thought you do, or it could be something else really bothering you like the work thing and you 2 not spending as much time anymore and guess you just snapped and it got a little too much to handle.

Tell her how you feel and that your sorry and miss her.

PS. next time don't throw away something special for something small and petty, instead talk things out and compromise..

Communication is the key here.
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Ok ok ... so you guys shouldn't be drinking since you're both underaged .
    My friend, I`d rather assume that they live for example in Europe ,where You can drink with 18

And You OP, yeah it wasn`t a big deal to break up with her.. You know, there comes a time when You start to work more,and You have to cope with it. I mean, don`t let Your work eat Your private life And I guess You`re working just 8 hours per day? Not a big deal... You still have 16 hours of a day 8 to sleep and 8 to have a life I understand You might be dead after work,but maybe drink red bull or something,think positively and You should find the power to meet and have fun with Your gf... I assume she started to go out with her friends more cause she felt abandoned by You, since You were too tired to do anything over and over again
    Go to her, buy her nice flower and say You`re sorry,that You`ve overreacted and ou completely don`t feel like being without her Tell her everything ,how You feel and try to find some way to fix that I`m sure she will understand, girls are made for this
    I wazzzz here

I do admit that I did go a little berserk when i found out about the incident and I realize that i probably did overreact.

I'm just wondering why the gall has such a hard time being alone while her man is working his ass of.

Somehow I think this isn't about the drinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Ok ok ... so you guys shouldn't be drinking since you're both underaged anyway, but the age issue aside, as emerging adults, you guys are going to want to experiment with life more and more. You're not around, so she hangs out with her girlfriends and of course she's going to make an effort to have similar interests as them.

If there's any hope of salvaging this relationship, I would apologize for trying to control her life. Just because you can't go out due to work doesn't mean that she should sit at home and wait for you like a dog, you know?

And I know how you feel ... you want your priorities to be inline, but it can't be at your age and contrasting schedules. You guys are going to change big time in the next couple of years.
    I don't believe I was trying to control her life. The whole drinking thing is something that we have talked about together. It wasn't like all of a sudden she started going out and I told her she better not drink. And she has always been able to go out with her friends I've never had a problem with it until this happened.

But what you said about priorities though I totally agree. We both are young and have our whole lives in front of us.

what a thread

You got upset at her because she went drinking? .......... You guys are at partying age, you're going to be partying and usually partying involves drinking. Why don't you have a drink yourself and lighten the **** up? Better yet, why don't you guys drink together and have a good time? Sheeesh. Yeah, you ****ed up.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.