+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating after a week?

Dating after a week?

Hi,

I just graduated from college and during my last week of school I met this amazing, amazing guy. He graduate with me also and lives about an hour away. Unfortunately, we happened to meet during out last week but we both felt there was a great connection between us. We saw each other every night during that week and on the third night he asked me what was going on between "us." Initially, I wasn't sure so I just told him that I wanted to see how the rest of the week would go. As we were parting, and after I had gotten to know him more, I told him that I wanted to continue things with him. He told me that we should see how the summer would go because he wasn't sure how things would go in terms of distance.

He starts working soon and I will be in grad school. Our homes are an hour apart but we will be in the same city once school and work start up. I really want to see him, but I'm nervous because I have been the one to start the conversations since we parted. He still responds to all of my messages and we hold great conversations, but it seems weird to me because he was the one pursuing me quite fervently before we parted. I know he isn't seeing anyone else, but I am nervous he is responding to me for the sake of being nice.

Any advice? I know it was only a week together, but I have a positive feeling about him and would like to continue to see him once we are settled in our new ways. How can I go about doing/telling him this? And can anyone offer insight as to why he's been somewhat distant?

Thanks!

Like everyone else, you have a 50/50 chance.

If it feels right to you and he doesn't appear to be abusive or needy, why not give it a shot?

Even if it doesn't work out, at least you tried right?

I mean, the alternative is wonder for the rest of your life what might have been.

Opening your heart to someone is taking the risk of being hurt, but how can you know if you guys will work out, without trying?

It's the ancient dilema: do it and you're darned, don't do it and your darned. Eventualy, it all boils down to a choice you make.

And as usual, the choice is yours and you have to live with the consequenses of your choice(s).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crazylovebug Guest
    You never know how something will turn out if you don't try! You will never know the answer to a question you don't ask!

I am no expert but my suggestion would be to call him asap and talk about where both of you see this going. Worst case scenario he says it was a fun week but thats all, best case, well I am sure you can use your imagination! Communication is key, I don't have much relationship experience but in every other aspect of life I know that communication is key. I would bet that the same is true of relationships.

Live life without regrets (I wish I actually did this instead of telling other people to do it!).

Good luck!

you can go with online dating

Please check here for more information.....

adultxdating.com

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One hour apart isn't all that much if a guy is crazy about you.

I would interpret his distancing as a lack of sustained interest, especially if he isn't calling you anymore.

Sorry, hun.