+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't girls just say...NO!

Why don't girls just say...NO!

I was just wondering why don't girls say a clear No, "I am not interested in you" ??!!. then the chase will end.

I wrote in a previous thread about this girl who answers my messages saying that "maybe" we can meet and then she doesn't call back.

Actually this happens alot in relationships, that girls don't say a "clear NO"!!!

Does anyone know why some girls do that?!!

Sometimes they like to screw with your mind... Also, there's power in not giving the straight answer right away.

Guys do it too.
    Most people are too afraid to tell the truth.

For as long as you and/or others are dangling on her "maybe string" you're notches on her belt and a nice ego afterthought to keep her walking sassy and confident wherever she may go.

Guys do it too, but without the sassy walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Haze View Post
    Guys do it too.
    Most people are too afraid to tell the truth.
    I disagree. For most guys, if someone they have no interest in approaches them and showing them interest and wants to go out with them on a date or something, they won't give them a maybe. With a guy you can tell if the interest is there or not in most cases... And it's funny, people can call that shallow to give a no right away, but I feel like giving someone a point blank no is better than stringing them along knowing that the interest isn't really there just because you like the attention.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

because we are evil.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    some girls can't be blunt and tell you that you're ugly. it's the same principle, in their minds, they are being nice.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

What Illusional said....

I think we have many good "different" opinions.

I can summerize them in:

1- they expand their Ego!
    2-they are being nice, and don't want to say u r ugly!

for the first opinion, I agree
    for the second opinion, i have a comment, that it is not nice at all if you raise the hopes of a guy and later he will be very disappointed!

and if they really wanna be nice they should give the guy a chance to express himself wether he is ugly or not!

in my opinion, honsty is the best, because then it will hurt a short period and then u move on rather than playing games.

and girls can just say "we are not ready for a relationshipr now" or "we consider you only a friend" without having to say u r ugly!

Well if you want girls to be straight forward, then maybe you should hang out with girls who are straight forward instead of hanging out with girls that play games.

Look at a girl giving you the run around as a deal breaker/not acceptable/no date and move on to the next girl.

Makes sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some girls have been raised to believe that they should NEVER actually say no to a guy. It's pretty old-fashioned, but it's out there. I think it's ****ed-up, personally. Just because some guy likes a girl it doesn't mean she has an obligation to give him a "chance". IMO, a chance is what you get when there's a possibility of something working out, not some consolation prize.

Another reason girls do this is that guys seem to want what someone else has. Girls feel that dating lots of different guys elevated their status. Guys' behavior seems to support this.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Goldi View Post
    I think we have many good "different" opinions.

I can summerize them in:

1- they expand their Ego!
    2-they are being nice, and don't want to say u r ugly!

for the first opinion, I agree
    for the second opinion, i have a comment, that it is not nice at all if you raise the hopes of a guy and later he will be very disappointed!

and if they really wanna be nice they should give the guy a chance to express himself wether he is ugly or not!

in my opinion, honsty is the best, because then it will hurt a short period and then u move on rather than playing games.

and girls can just say "we are not ready for a relationshipr now" or "we consider you only a friend" without having to say u r ugly!
    I agree with this. And to add, in a lot of cases it's more of the 1st one than the 2nd one. Whether or not the girl has an interest in the guy, they enjoy the fact that someone is expressing interest in them even if just for the fact that they find them attractive. I have this female friend for example with a bf that gives most guys who hit on her the no (yes) type of answer. You all know what i'm talking about. The girl who tells you no but with a kind of smile on her face that gives you the impression of "no, but keep trying" instead of "no leave me alone." As you said, an authoritative no might hurt the guy in the short term, but it's better than investing your time, investing your money, and most importantly investing your heart into a lost cause.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

I also think that girls like to have a backup, just in case :-)

I'm one of those women who will tell a guy, "Sorry but I'm not interested.." and if he presses onward... I will say "No."

So it's a mystery to me why other women want to string a guy along.

Can't go wrong with a polite and concise answer. The guy isn't left to wonder and make a fool out of himself via false hope.... and the woman doesn't have to be pestered by an eager guy.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Goldi View Post
    I was just wondering why don't girls say a clear No, "I am not interested in you" ??!!. then the chase will end.

I wrote in a previous thread about this girl who answers my messages saying that "maybe" we can meet and then she doesn't call back.

Actually this happens alot in relationships, that girls don't say a "clear NO"!!!

Does anyone know why some girls do that?!!
    1) It could be that she did but you didnt read her signals.

2) She doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings and was just being polite about it.

3) She is a egotiscal b*tch who gets off on jerking guys around and seeing how much power (because of her looks) she has over men.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast