+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I forgot my anniversary

I forgot my anniversary

Hi everyone,
    ok so the title kinda gives it away but i'd like to share the whole story and ask for your advice

so my girlfriend and i are going to be seniors in college in the fall. we've been going out "officially" for about 2 months now. on our first month anniversary (may 20th) i asked her out to dinner but she said that she wouldnt be able to go due to a big midterm the day after. instead she suggested that we go out for our 2month anniversary on june 20th - that way it would be summer and we wouldnt have school to worry about.

it all sounded good....except i completely forgot about it. after school was out, we returned to northern california for the summer. i live about 45 minutes away from her so i didnt visit her as often as i do when were down in san diego for school.

ever since june 20th she stopped answering my calls and texts (this was before i realized i had forgotten our anniversary). i finally realized it today (i know shame on me) and as you can imagine, she was really mad. looking back on it...she even gave the most subtle hint in a text the day before our anniversary to kind of "remind me" but it was so subtle that i didnt pick it up. i know its all my fault and i shouldnt have forgotten...but can she really be that angry at me for forgetting the 2nd month anniversary? are these grounds for breaking up or anything serious like that? then again, i was the one who brought up our 1st month anniversary without her needing to even remind me. anyways, any advice would be well appreciated . i was planning on giving her flowers tomorrow and write her an apology note attached to it. does that sound like an ok plan? where do i go from here?
    Last edited by dbt5; 30-06-09 at 02:10 PM.

umm anniversary? dude u been with her for 2 months, wait till it is a year so u actually have something to look forward too

well we've been dating since Feb.....so its not like we're a brand new couple right? does she have the right to be so angry about it?

marry her. have ten kids.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

i guess it was a mistake to come here. sorry to have wasted your time

okay look...

she's going to be pissed about small shit.

some guys like that, and it's okay.

now what.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 MONTH anniversary? You are kidding, right? Anniversaries - by definition - are celebrated once a YEAR. If you go running to her begging for forgiveness, acting like you have commited a felony, you might as well hand her your testicles, too.

ok i get it. im being a wuss thanks.

but can you honestly tell me youve never celebrated a 1month anniversary before. cmon seriously did you read my post? our "2month" anniversary was to make up for the first one. and we arent the kind of couple that celebrates every month. cmon now

ps whats with all the harsh attacks on here anyways? does it make you feel better to kick someone who is down already?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why are you "down"? We are trying to help pull you back up and sew back on your testicles!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Flowers for forgetting a 2 month anniversary is too much. I assume you are young/student, so money isn't that plentiful.

Anniversaries and birthdays are yearly celebrations. And, trust me, as a guy you will forgot one of those as well someday. Exactly once. At that time, you'll have plenty of opportunity to abase yourself & learn how to program your calendar with these dates in advance.

She's childish to not speak to you. A bit of Princess syndrome going on there. You can say you are sorry you forgot (bet you *are* sorry, lol), but you can also let her know that you think monthly anniversaries are a bit much. Ask her how many other couples make this a big deal this often. Say that you would actually prefer small random, unplanned romantic events and yearly celebrations of things like birthdays & anniversaries. Say that she can also do things like this for you.

Good luck. Post what happens, am curious.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

haha ok yea I think I'm done with this forum thing. Thought I'd try it out but i guess its not worth it. thanks Indireloaded for your input. you were the only helpful one. the rest of you can grow up. in my opinion it takes a bigger man to even share his own problems. thanks for your time kids

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm... okay? LOL

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL. You caught me on a good day. My reply just happened to fit your mindset plus I saw you didn't seem to resonate with what was already posted. I said the same thing as them, just differently.

The forum is cool, but you need to leave your ego at the e-door. When posting a problem, its a good idea to come back at later times. Many of the regulars are in different time-zones. Usually, a different personality will leave a different reply. Noone here knows you so pick what you find useful & ignore the rest.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

but i wanted to be most helpful damn it!!!

i guess my best isn't good enough.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    but i wanted to be most helpful damn it!!!

i guess my best isn't good enough.
    I think your reply was the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast