+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oops I guess I forgot a step

Oops I guess I forgot a step

So is it a bad thing that I've already made a few posts and am just now getting around to introducing myself?.... Oh well, better late than never.

I'm from Salt Lake City and definately not mormon! I'm 22 and going to school at the University of Utah. I love it here, minus the alcohol laws and overly conservative LDS population. I'm doing something in the science program, though not sure what that "something" will be yet. chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, pre-med...... I've been dating my boyfriend for about 5 months and he's a great guy.

So that's about it. Aloha everyone!

Hey, yea..I wanted to go into one of those fields...what happened...well I realized that I would have to lock my-slef in a room, throw away the key, and study for 4 years...uhh..no thanks. Do those people who party actually still pass school?..or is that only in the movies?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm either guessing that you're been to hawaii, or you're from hawaii.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I have already been laughing at your "Mormon Mecca" location, and I can't believe you go to University of Utah. Don't you HAVE to be Mormon to go there? Anyway, welcome, and thanks for the laugh!

Ok, so you seem pretty smart based on the fields you'd like to go in. And based on your screen name, maybe you're from Hawaii.

So my question is this: Why would someone living in hawaii who is smart choose to goto a location where they have seemingly ridiculous laws (drinking etc.)? Couldn't you have gone anywhere? Or better yet, if you are from Hawaii, why on earth would you want to leave it? I was there about 5 years ago and it's arguably the most beautiful place on earth...next to Pittsburgh.

Welcome to the LF forum. I hope your stay is pleasant: Mwahahahahaa.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm glad that you think that way of hawaii. don't you feel jealous because i'm in hawaii at this very moment??

raverboy

I actually like Utah (except for the religious zealots). It's pretty, especially all that red rock, and Hawaii gives me island fever. I think the rest of the nation should invade Utah and take it back.

Yes, I do love Hawaii, but I'm not from there. I'm pure Utahn. The U of U is cheap (instate tuition is less than $6000/year), good atmosphere, good location, good science program/med school.

Yes, the biochem field (or whatever I'll decide to finish with) is difficult-and I have found that quite a few of my friends go in thinking it will be much easier and end up dropping after intro Chem classes (and going into something like PRT (the Parks, Recreation and Tourism major). Bet that isn't offered at many other schools!

No, you don't have to be mormon to go to the U of U. lol. That's probably Brigham Young University you're thinking of, shh!, about an hour south of our campus. Believe it or not, even though they will accept non-Mormon students (a rarety), the tuition is higher! Is that dumb or what? The U of U is probably one of the biggest liberal hot spots in the state. Like you said, shh!, except for the mormon majority, Utah is pretty kick-ass.

And yes, Illusional, I am jealous that you are in Hawaii.
    From one who knows everything about nothing plus much much more!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha actually i was referring to lloyd about being jealous of hawaii, but it's nice to know that you're also jealous. anyhow aloha... i'm just wondering, why you chose the sn aloha because it is a hawaiian word.

raverboy

I dunno.... I've always liked tropical climate and places. I've been to a number of the Carribean islands (cruises rock) over the last six years or so and Hawaii twice. Family vacations. Quite honestly, I prefer going to the Carribean for the most part, but I decided that "PuertoRico22" or "SaintJohns22" just wouldn't work. Aloha just encompasses the whole "tropical" effect. Not that I'm tropical per se, I'm as white as they come. hehe.

lilwing89 Guest
    hey welcome...

and whats LDS stand for???

my guess is

losers drinking shit.

loosers drinking nothing, more like.... (Latter Day Saints-from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's a long title, that's why people say Mormon-but the church leaders don't like the title mormon for some reason.) actually a lot of mormons aren't bad. If you get the really strick ones that condemn you for sins or whatever, that's bad. But one of my good friends/roommate is mormon and she's a ton of fun and sweet. Really naive, but I guess that often comes with the territory.

I think I read that the reason they changed to the LDS name is because they are trying to distance themselves from the polygamous past when they were known as Mormon.

lilwing89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aloha22
    loosers drinking nothing, more like.... (Latter Day Saints-from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's a long title, that's why people say Mormon-but the church leaders don't like the title mormon for some reason.) actually a lot of mormons aren't bad. If you get the really strick ones that condemn you for sins or whatever, that's bad. But one of my good friends/roommate is mormon and she's a ton of fun and sweet. Really naive, but I guess that often comes with the territory.

oh really? i didnt know that.