+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Okay.. Ive got to ask

Okay.. Ive got to ask

Perhaps its my occasional insecurity, past relationship experience or something like that. However I went and visited my girlfriend and stay with her for 2 weeks a little while ago, after not seeing each other for months and it was fun. However I met a lot of her family members while I was there and I could tell this meant our relationship was getting more serious. Which in general I would be happy about, however this week she was being cranky, rude and completley different than when I last saw her months ago. So when she asked me what was wrong one night, I told her I was scared of how serious the relationship was getting. I couldnt bring myself to tell her it was because I couldn't imagine being with her for the rest of my life with the way she was acting. So I think she took it wrong, took it as, Im scared of getting hurt. Since then she has acted more distant from me than ever before, probably because it made me look less confident. Do you guys think it did? Should I tell her what I really was trying to say or let it die since its been months now since I said it.

It just bothers me that after a month I am still regretting I told her I was scared, ect ect and that I like to act tough but it scares me being this serious. That's not what I wanted to say but just something I covered it up with since she thought something was wrong and I began talking about it and decided to tell her something different to avoid the fight.

Is this affecting our relationship now? should I tell her what i meant, it seems like shes acting different and our LDR is almost over in a few days, maybe its just casual LDR stress... im just not sure what I Should do.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

More than likely, she is now distant from you NOT because she thinks you are not confident but rather because she thought she was about to "land" you and you pretty much told her you didn't want that to happen. At least not on her time line.

It doesn't sound like you really like her, so why not break up?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no point being in a relationship just for the sake of it. Just tell her the truth about how you feel, then maybe she will tell you how shes feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob26 View Post
    More than likely, she is now distant from you NOT because she thinks you are not confident but rather because she thought she was about to "land" you and you pretty much told her you didn't want that to happen. At least not on her time line.

It doesn't sound like you really like her, so why not break up?
    You think so? Man I am not good at streaming my words together when talks get at all serious. She brought up marriage once and my eyes kept darting away from her every time she said it, showed how nervous i was having her talk about marriage. ugh, what am i supposed to do
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.