+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cheaters

Cheaters

wow! so this guy looked great on paper. he owns his own building, has a great job, no kids, never married, college educated and looks great to boot! Sounds to good to be true! It is!

After a few dates, I found out that his last girlfriend had an abortion and left him because he was cheating on her! OMG!

Now I dont even want to talk to the guy.

My question to all of you is what would you do? Would you keep seeing the guy (we did have good chemistry!) or would you just move on to the next guy (once a cheater always a cheater)?

Guys: Have you ever cheated on a girl? Will you continue to cheat on every girl your with?

Thanks.

I can't speak for most guys unfortunatley, but i've cheated once and i now know i never will again. But then thats cos cheating showed me i loved the girl.

You could give it a try if it was really great, but bear in mind that it might happen.

he was honest enough to tell you. And cheating can be for many reasons, I dont think its true when they say once a cheat always a cheat.

I'd probably move on...

Sure, maybe he only cheated on her because the relationship was going badly and he didn't know how to end it. Maybe if things went great with you he'd grow up and never cheat.

No way for you to know though, so if his possible cheating is a deal-breaker I wouldn't waste your time. If you think he is worth the risk, than maybe you should talk with him about it -- better the cheater you know than the cheater you don't. (A lot of people cheat, both men and women, and many would never tell you if they did.)

Wow. Move on if you haven't already unless you think he is AMAZING for you.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by moonfairy_2002 View Post
    After a few dates, I found out that his last girlfriend had an abortion and left him because he was cheating on her! OMG!
    How did you find out? Are you sure its true? Have you asked him about this & how did he respond?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^ - He told me. So on one hand its like "great he was honest with me" then on the other its like "bye-bye".

He told you as to say I made a mistake, one couldn't be proud of such events.....

Once a cheat always a cheat? maybe in some cases but doubt it could be all, if you see something special then go for it, maybe just take it easy and control your emotions, but if you think you'll keep this against him in the future, it'll be best to move on.

Everyone makes mistakes, some worst than others, what would the world be like if there was no forgiveness and if no one learnt from their mistakes.

Good Luck
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You find a guy thats honest with you and you want to kick him to the curb? Would you prefer he lie than if/when you do find out about his past relationship you can call him a liar and a cheat?

What you need is someone who treats you like nothing more than a piece of meat maybe than you'll appreciate someone whose truthful and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    You find a guy thats honest with you and you want to kick him to the curb? Would you prefer he lie than if/when you do find out about his past relationship you can call him a liar and a cheat?

What you need is someone who treats you like nothing more than a piece of meat maybe than you'll appreciate someone whose truthful and honest.
    Actually since your jumping down my throat!!! The guy turned out to be an ass! He stopped talking to me for a while because I didnt have sex with him after only a couple dates (He actually told me this!). Now I really dont want to talk to him and havent returned his callls. I think he's just a player and i'm glad he is gone! What an asshole.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good for you! This is why waiting for sex is usually a good idea. Wait long enough and they will usually show their true colours.

Flush the toilet, Moon and think no more of this one. Next!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm rapidly approaching 30 and have never cheated.

I do believe that once you have crossed the lines, there is always the potential that you may do it again.

I mean I dont know what it feels like to cheat, but it must be the first time they cheat is the hardest, after that they kinda got down how to ignore the guilt/concious telling them they are screwing with another person's feelings...

Did he admit to cheating on his ex, or did the ex find out and dump him?, if the GF never found out, would he have continued the affair and let his GF at the time continue with the pregnancy, even bring a child into this world.

I wouldn't ask myself whether or not he would cheat again, I would base my decision on the circumstances in which he cheated. In this case, he is all wrong...to cheat on her whilst she is pregnant is pretty low...

aaand to clarify...I think all cheating is low, but then there is the scale on which people cheat..

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    I'm rapidly approaching 30 and have never cheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    No idea. She tells me she has been talking to a guy online and its only causing problems in her current relationship. She doesn't keep anything from her current BF. Because I'm egotistical and talk to her a lot online I'll assume she means me.

She only refers to this guy as "the guy" and when i poked around and asked what he did for a living she named the job I have. Coincidence?
    She tells me she met "the guy" a couple months ago just before she moved in with her BF. Thats when I met her.
    Coincidence?
    Nope... you're only one of those guys who wants to hook up with someone who's in a relation....

OOPS...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]