+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Wasting His Time?

Am I Wasting His Time?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little under 2 years. I love him. He makes me really happy, and for the most part I am completely content with our relationship. But lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about our situation.

A few things to know...

I am 22 and I am entering into my last years of post secondary education. When I am done my schooling I plan to go backpacking for an indefinite time. I was open about my plans when we first started our relationship and we both decided we wanted to enter a relationship for the time being. He is 23 and has just bought his first house, therefore he can't go travelling with me.

Another thing about us is our ex's. He talks to his ex on occassion, less frequently now than a few months back, only because I voiced my concern about it. But he gets very defensive when I ask about their conversations and when I talk about my concerns....I feel like there is still something there between them. And then there is my ex. The first person I fell in love with, and the person I felt I would marry. Him and I were on and off for nearly 3 years. We had this crazy mad love, where we knew the timing was not right and we couldn't do anything about it, but we couldn't let one another go. Finally he called it off and from there I moved on with my current boyfriend. Since I have been with my boyfriend my ex has proclaimed his love and mistakes and intentions for me on 3 seperate occassions, and each time he has made me question my current relationship. (I have not cheated.)

Based on the idea that I may be keeping my current boyfriend from getting back together with his ex, where there may still be feelings, or that I am preventing him from finding someone else. I am wondering if I am being selfish by being with my boyfriend until I go travelling? Recent conversations with coworkers have made me question myself and I have started to feel guilty.

Any thoughts?! Let me know what you think please.
    Thank You.

just tell him that when u go travelling u think it'd be unfaur to ask him to wait for u, that way u can stop feeling guilty and find some1 else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbubbles View Post
    Another thing about us is our ex's. He talks to his ex on occassion, less frequently now than a few months back, only because I voiced my concern about it. But he gets very defensive when I ask about their conversations and when I talk about my concerns....I feel like there is still something there between them. And then there is my ex. The first person I fell in love with, and the person I felt I would marry. Him and I were on and off for nearly 3 years. We had this crazy mad love, where we knew the timing was not right and we couldn't do anything about it, but we couldn't let one another go. Finally he called it off and from there I moved on with my current boyfriend. Since I have been with my boyfriend my ex has proclaimed his love and mistakes and intentions for me on 3 seperate occassions, and each time he has made me question my current relationship. (I have not cheated.)

Based on the idea that I may be keeping my current boyfriend from getting back together with his ex, where there may still be feelings, or that I am preventing him from finding someone else. I am wondering if I am being selfish by being with my boyfriend until I go travelling? Recent conversations with coworkers have made me question myself and I have started to feel guilty.

Any thoughts?! Let me know what you think please.
    Thank You.
    I think you're both not over your exes.

I also think you both should take time as singles. Sounds to me like you both hopped from one relation into another without giving yourselves time to heal, grow and mature as individuals.

Remember, people are exes for a reason. You both still may have feelings for your exes, but what have they done to improve themselves and what have you guys done to improve yourselves?

Think about that for a minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have u asked him why he gets deffensive about when u ask what you and your x talk about. If u explain that this upsets you see how he takes it. does he care enough about your feelings to stop. But then again there should be trust in every relationship. how does he feel when u talk to your x. give yourselves time to devolop and grow. go backpacking and see what develops.