+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Safety

Dating Safety

Anyone here meticulous about dating safety? If you go out alone with someone, do you ask them for their ID to make sure they aren't lying to you about their identity and to make sure you have the correct full name, birthdate, to report them to authorities in case something happens?

Absolutely. You can't be too careful. Carry pepper spray, watch your drink to make sure it isn't drugged and if you don't know him too well meet him at the location. Date rape is a very real concern. I personally know two intelligent, otherwise self-respecting girls who have had it happen to them. Neither reported it, which is sad to me but that's another story.

The asking for an ID bit might be a turn off. Personally I'd say just don't put yourself in a compromising situation with him until you know him well...ask questions when you spend time together and see if his answers line up. If it would make you feel better, though, bring up crappy driver's license photos in conversation and get them out to compare pictures.

Also tell a friend where you're going and when you plan on returning. Always keep your cell phone on your person also.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Anyone here meticulous about dating safety? If you go out alone with someone, do you ask them for their ID to make sure they aren't lying to you about their identity and to make sure you have the correct full name, birthdate, to report them to authorities in case something happens?
    Always let a friend know who you are seeing and going to with a guy you really dont know.
    You can also bring a friend with you upon your first meeting.
    I think most guys will understand women are safety concious on first meetings.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't go on a date with someone I was that uncertain of

since you are concerned i would suggest that you go on dates that don;t involve drink like an activity of some sort and then as you get to know them on a few of these dates you'll hopefully be able to size them up better.

or date people you have known for a while and who are known by other people that you know
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, and I thought *I* was neurotic... maybe you should stick to double dates or group dates until you feel more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I wouldn't go on a date with someone I was that uncertain of
    But society is very complex now. We don't live in small towns and villages where everyone knows each other. How can you ever be sure of anybody outside of your family circle? Sometimes, people call each other by aliases and then when something happens, they disappear. Even when you know someone through friends, how can you be sure your friends are wise in their judgements?

These details should be discussed prior to the date and one should be enough confident about the person you are dating. Nevertheless, since safety is foremost, all above suggestions are respectable.