+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have you ever dropped out of study ?

Have you ever dropped out of study ?

I took some courses online for the purposes of development and eventually a second major. They were from a cheap but accredited college so the cost is not significant.

I've just dropped out. They're technical subjects, they're hard and I don't have enough time to study. I feel shame, like I am giving up and should keep trying. I don't have the time to study and I am going to fail anyway.

Should I feel shame or is it ok to fail and keep trying... ?

OMG I feel so much shame for this..... I JUST DON'T HAVE 6 HOURS A DAY TO DO HOMEWORK WHEN I ALREADY WORK 10 !!! OR MORE !!!!!

RAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHH

/cry

weak, seriously george, who are you, you've made better efforts in the past to spin a yarn..

you're not gonna provoke much with that.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I've never dropped a course, never failed a course, I have a job *and* a girlfriend, and I have a 3.56 GPA.

i've never dropped out of study but i have failed and had to repeat.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I've done that once, years ago, when I started a long distance course while I was working.

When the job turned from part time into full time, I became so busy with work I didn't have time to study anymore.

I called the institution and they postponed my course till I had more time and I could just continue from where I had left.

A year later I finalized the course.

Not sure if you would be able to do that in your case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I think it is great to have classes like English or History - or even many math classes online, I don't think it's a good idea to take difficult classes online. The textbooks are too boring to maintain sustained interest, and the classes end up being more difficult than if you had a high-quality instructor. I once had to take a science course online, and it was one of the most difficult grades I ever had to earn.

Just live and learn. If you MUST take an online course, just start with one.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I've never dropped a course, never failed a course, I have a job *and* a girlfriend, and I have a 3.56 GPA.
    You are just better than men then.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to take difficult classes online. The textbooks are too boring to maintain sustained interest, and the classes end up being more difficult than if you had a high-quality instructor.

I can argue that. I failed business statistics when I took it in class, and aced it when I took it online and 'taught' myself. I learned that instructors can actually harm rather than help sometimes.

Anyways, George, yeah I've dropped a couple of classes over the years because of conflicts with work. It didn't make me happy but I had no choice, especially when I needed my job to pay for school.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm taking online classes right now, George, and it's pretty intense. I have a full-time job and a kid, and the last thing I want to do is schoolwork at the end of the day, but I do it anyway because I want to improve myself professionally.

I've had to drop classes before because of work conflicts. It still bothers me to this day, especially because I was doing well. Maybe I should go back and try to finish those- a chemistry class and a programming class.

I think you took on too much at once. Could you try again, one class at a time? I imagine the feeling of giving up will bother you the way it still bothers me.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Nope. You failed in art. Painting. And what about that game you were developing?

Better fail than get along with shitty work while being full of yourself, have no respect in your work, no feelings, just a flashy american whitened teeth smile...

I failed a driving school. Actually i failed a test and quit. Only thing I regret is that I even went there. I couldn't afford a car anyway. ****, I should have saved this for China.
    Last edited by boobaa; 21-07-09 at 11:29 PM.
    Don't expect anything.