+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hidding secrets from GF trying to protect her...

Hidding secrets from GF trying to protect her...

My gf of 5 years dumped me because I hid something from her that I thought it's the best to just leave it alone and not let her worry about it or upset about it. She later found out that I was hiding this from her and she was angry that I "jump to conclusion" again on what she will do if she found out (which she did). I explained to her why I did it, she won't accept none of my explanation, she said if you hide anything from me that's lying and she does not want a liar in her life.

What do you guys think?

BTW...this is my first post and she just dumped me

What did you hide from her?

I think you should let us know what you were hiding from your g/f.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My ex been harassing her for the past 2 years, and she finally decided to stop, but instead she sent me an email about wanting me back, and she forwarded the email to her as well. I didn't reply my ex just deleted it and acted if nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by tchung22 View Post
    My ex been harassing her for the past 2 years, and she finally decided to stop, but instead she sent me an email about wanting me back, and she forwarded the email to her as well. I didn't reply my ex just deleted it and acted if nothing happened.
    Why didn't you change your email account? And yes you should have told her. But she's also over reacting.

Don't make the same mistake again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is a really ridiculous reason for someone to break up with you.
    Watch it happen to other people, and eventually watch it happen to you.

I guess she had a reason to because she gave me an ultimatum saying if I don't change my flaws, she'll leave me in 3 months. (she gave me the ultimatum was cause it's been 5 years...)

I guess we are just completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by tchung22 View Post
    I guess she had a reason to because she gave me an ultimatum saying if I don't change my flaws, she'll leave me in 3 months. (she gave me the ultimatum was cause it's been 5 years...)

I guess we are just completely different...
    It's a bullshit reason, hardly worth even talking about.

I am 110% sure she's just using this as an excuse to do something she's been planning for a long time: breaking up.

So, my advice: go with the flow. Let her have it her way. You deserve better than someone like her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ya dude i agree with Yggdrasil. this was just a reason for break up. i don't know what your relationship was like in general, but if she wanted to be with you she wouldn't break up with you over this. personally I'd prefer not to be told about such an e-mail. if my guy told me his ex e-mailed wanting him i'd feel insulted he thought enough of it to tell me. i think you did the right thing, and maybe you guys breaking up is the right thing for you both. cheer up, you'll find someone else :-)

maybe she is one of these girls that breaks up with/punishes a bf for a trivial reason to get what she wants, does she want anything from you?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    maybe she is one of these girls that breaks up with/punishes a bf for a trivial reason to get what she wants, does she want anything from you?
    If that's the case then she's a control freak and deserves to be dumped faster than a white hot glowing piece of metal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If that's the case then she's a control freak and deserves to be dumped faster than a white hot glowing piece of metal.
    haven't you heard of the points system? the guy does something nice so that he can be selfish but if the guy is selfish/insensitive first he hasn't earned the points and the girl does something annoying until he earns the points
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 09-07-09 at 07:19 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    haven't you heard of the points system? the guy does something nice so that he can be selfish but if the guy is selfish/insensitive first he hasn't earned the points and the girl does something annoying until he earns the points
    I suggest to read the OP again. This has nothing to do with the point system or the love bank. This is something she's been working towards for a long time. It's called resentment.

It's pretty obvious the kid was to scared to tell her out of fear she'd freak (again??). For what?
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 09-07-09 at 07:24 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]