+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost a friend, messed up my relationship..$@#@ me

Lost a friend, messed up my relationship..$@#@ me

I lost a good friend last week... I have tried not to let it bring me down, especially since i only talk to my girlfriend twice a week for about 40 mintutes because of our LDR. I like to be positive when her and I talk so its not miserable. However I brought it up and it ruined our conversation she went quiet and said sorry and acted sad the rest of the conversation even though I was still pretending to be happy and telling her dont worry about it really, and that I missed her.

She just continued acting sad, and when I would ask her whats wrong she would say nothing. It ruined it though and I really dont have anyone to tlak to about the loss of my friend because it ruins the conversations with the person closest to me, were to far away, i dont like opening up to my family, i like being seen as an emotional rock but it hurts, and this sucks. I feel like the last phone conversation i had with my girlfriend was terrible and im sure she feels the same way, so our relationship is now on the rocks and i lost my friend and am trying to distract myself but its not #@$@ working. This seriously sucks.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

How did you lose the friend? How close were you to this friend and what type of friend was he/she?

And I think you are jumping to conclusions with the GF.

However...
    A: Depending how early into the relationship you are, she SHOULD be the person you are talking to this about. Just don't go full blown bitch, but there are ways that guys can cry and still be masculine.
    B: How strong is this relationship that you feel it can be sabotaged by ONE phone call. Not only are you apparently a "emotional rock"....but you can't be that trusting either. Good luck with that long distance relationship...
    C: Also....pretending to be happy? Thats just full blown obnoxious if the other person knows you aren't happy. It also shows them you can't trust them with your true feelings.
    Last edited by Jacen Star; 14-07-09 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Spelling error

I think when he says lose a friend he means the friend died and if so, I'm sorry for your loss.

As for with your girlfriend, LDR's are always gonna be hard. It takes a lot to make them last. You have to put in the effort and try not to let the little things get in between you two.

I personally can not see myself doing one again unless it is continuing an already growing relationship with someone I've been with and they had to go away for school or whatever(Sadly even then it might not happen but that is the only time I would consider it).

Do you love this girl? Do you think being in an LDR is worth it with her? How often do you guys meet?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..