+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'd be super greatful for any helpful tips

I'd be super greatful for any helpful tips

Okay, here's the thing. I've had really crappy luck with guys all my life, been through a lot of painful situations and none of my relationships have been anything longer than a couple months and have been total no connection crappy experiances. So basically, I'm really inexperianced in the dating field, understanding guys and the dating process confuses me. Now, there's a guy I've met online; there is some distance between us, and I've met him once and I had a fantastic time (we danced, we kissed at the end of the night etc.) and he seems like a very cool guy. I'd like to just get to know him more kind of thing and see if possibly there would be something more someday. What tips can you guys give me on how not to blow it, how to keep things going, or just any tips you could give me if you were in my position.

Especially in long-distance relationships, trust is one of the most important aspects of a friendship. Assuming that he isn't within normal driving distance and you won't be able to see each other as frequently, being able to trust that you're both being honest with your intentions and actions will go a long way towards your goal.

In an extention to trust, communication is also an important factor. If you two are able to invest a bit of extra time and effort into being more open and communicative with each other, it will likely be beneficial in the long term. For example, after an argument or dispute, take the time to talk with him about how he is feeling as a result, and express your own feelings and frustrations. Ideally, if you two are able to eliminate some of the misunderstandings and miscommunications, you would both be able to benefit from the honesty and could perhaps prevent similar difficulties in the future.

The best piece of advice I can give you is probably the most simplistic: be yourself.
    Last edited by Anthony; 13-07-04 at 04:59 PM.