+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm practicing being a mommy of two

I'm practicing being a mommy of two

So my nieghbor has a 1 month old baby and I've been taking him by my house and taking care of him around my daughter to mentally prepare myself for my future.

It's not as hard as I expected, but it does get tiring.

One thing I love is that my daughter is so helpful. She comforts him,hugs him,kisses him, and even feeds him his bottle(I've got the picture, but idk how my neighbor would feel about her son all over the internet). I'm enjoying the outcome thus far, and my bf helps with him as well. We babysit him sometimes. It's making us really excited about our baby.

I'm glad I am practicing though.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Having a neighbor kid over is nice, but it isn't ANYTHING like having 2 kids, hun. There is no sibling rivalry to deal with. THAT is what makes having children challenging.

With the first one you lose your freedom.
    With the second one, you lose your mind.

^ words of wisdom from my pediatrician.

Do you guys ever give people props for effort on here? I can't keep the child to myself but I put in the time that I can with him. It's not a REAL taste of parenting two kids, but it is some form of a sample.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ooh, sorry. I didn't realize this was a sensitive subject for you. I was just trying to keep it real, but if what you want is support, I can do that.

yay for you! Enjoy this time with your girl, in whatever way that happens to be.

I appreciate what you were informing me on Vash, dont get me wrong at all, but I just really really am trying and I just wished I got some form of recognition for that.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think Vash was just giving fair warning...

A friend of mine, a postdoc at the time, had her second child. When I asked how it was going, I commiserated by making a comment about how I heard that having two was actually easier. She looked at me directly and said "Whoever told you two is easier LIED, mbe to share the misery (lol). Its not, especially when they are both preschool age." They were just over 2 years apart, btw.

From what I've seen, it got easier once they were older. It helped they were the same sex, so played (and fought) with each other. Having a boy-girl, is like having 2 separate kids from what I've seen.

Anyway, its good you are thinking about it and preparing. Much better than not thinking about it at all. Hang in there with the job, you will appreciate having done so later.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well I definitely expect it to get harder. One is rough, two will be hell of course. But I am prepared to do everything in my power to be the best I can at being a good mother.

Preparing to get my daughter into preschool hopefully by September. She's already gotten her shots. Still potty training her cuz they dont take them unless they are potty trained.

As for work, *sigh*. They drive me crazy in there. But I'm trying sooooo hard to stay there. I know of this other job that pays waaaayyyy more, but they are so popular with applications, they've even got a waiting list of applications and shit. So only God knows if or when I'd ever get that job. But it doesnt hurt to try. The wait would be worth it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, have you applied yet?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Heh....no....I visit the site....but I'm so lazy....I'm on it as we speak....guess I gotta build the confidence and suck it up.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do it already. Geeze, I will bug you ever ytime you are on until you do. I get meaner the longer it takes you know...
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

LOL. Well I just did it and it's not even on there so it seems like there aren't any open positions. Maybe I need more information on that particular job cuz I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing different jobs like accountant,appraiser,emergency nurse and stuff like that and I'm pretty sure they all require some form of a degree based on the information given.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look for the cached posting and then CALL them, Nish.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I was going to go in in person and there was a guy who works there that came in my job to shop and I asked him what I'd have to do to get a job there and he gave me the site and told me what to type in. He said if I physically went in there they would've told me I have to go online.

I'm still searching for it but no luck yet.