+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals/Confused!!!

Mixed signals/Confused!!!

Hi there,
    I am puzzled. The guy I'm dating was very very hot for me but now not calling. It's only been a little less than a week, and I really don't know what to think! Should I assume it's over, and move on? I have TONS of guys asking me out, and this relationship is too early stages to tell anything, other than we just started going out and finding out about each other. We really like one another, and there's definitely(!) chemistry. However, since I am unsure about what happened this week, and I am afraid to ask (If it's over, I really don't want to be actually told its over!), does anyone know how long should I wait to move on? Would it be considered "cheating" if I went out with other people, just to take my mind off this? I am confused. I really like him, and he is a great friend, we have TONS of fun when we are together. ...But, anyways, In Your Opinion, can a girl assume that the guy has moved on, if he hasn't been calling? Ugh! What a weird situation. I don't know what to do. I am not angry with him, but I have my life and I don't want to put it "on hold" - the weekend is almost here and I want to make plans! I am SURE a man would not hesitate to.

An Update: He called finally, tonight. And then he wouldn't let me off the phone!
    I am no longer worried. Here's what I figured:

Men feel the same feelings as we women do! They just don't show it. They are not "more rational", and are sometimes even more emotional than us.

Yet, there's more pressure from the world to see men as these strong, manly creatures who always keep cool. So what if the boy is in love with you? Guess what - he is AFRAID to show it! He is afraid that he will show weakness. So he distances himself, holding off calling us for days at a time, so that we don't think that we've got them where we want them! For some reason men are afraid that if we knew just how infatuated they were with us, we'll use that as a weapon, and put them "under our heels". Thus begins a game of waiting, longing, and wondering!!!

I don't mind though. After he called, I felt relieved and perhaps even more attracted to him as before. This goes to say -

THERE'S NO TRUE PASSION WITHOUT LONGING!!!