+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend supports friends of cheating

Boyfriend supports friends of cheating

Should I be worried that my significant other of 4 years has close friends that cheat on their wives and girlfriends? His friends confide in him and he supports their actions because he claims that it is their own business. However, he tells he that he does not believe in it himself. His own father has cheated on his mother. I am afraid that he since he does not speak out against these acts, that it is not truly an important moral/value of his, however he claims that what is good and works for some couples does not work for others and that he himself does not believe in cheating. Can someone be close to people who cheat, but not believe in cheating? If so, why would he not want to preach to them about their "bad" behavior? Should I be worried?

it could just mean he is doesn't want to place judgement on his friend. Plus its not that easy to get on your high horse and start telling grown men how to conduct their marriage...

Do not judge your man by what others do, in situations like these it is often a case of shoot the messenger, and it is a big thing to get involved with, something your partner may have already thought of, but decided he didn't want to be that person.

How did you find out about the cheater?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    now this is something that i can comment on.

you might view this as wrong, but regardless friends will take the sides of their friends over their friend's significant other. if i were in the same situation, i wouldn't rat them out. i would be supportive. this is just my theory though.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

He supports his friends because they're his friends. His buddies. His comrades. Blood brothers.

If he starts initiating heart-to-heart conversations with his guys about the sanctity of monogamy, they're going to take away his Man Card.

Women allow their girlfriends to ruthlessly bash and share embarrassing intimate details about their significant others. Should they? It's another measure of disloyalty and betrayal of trust.

Your man's not cheating on you. Let it go.

I have friends who cheat and friends who stay loyal. I make my own decisions in my relationships.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I understand your concern and why you feel like this, but there's alot of people who have friends that do certain things that they may not like to do or believe in. But you can't judge everyone based on what they think is right. For instance, my sister's best friend is the mistress in another person's relationship. My sister supports her FRIEND all the way, and doesn't pass judgment on them. She's not supporting the idea of cheating, she's supporting someone she cares about.

.. See where I'm getting at? xD Well i hope i helped, and don't stress (: It'll be okay.

My friends supported me when I cheated on my wife. I expect them to, they're my friends. They also told me that what I was doing wasn't right, and that I should just man up and get a divorce.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."