+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just kind of venting, don't know if this belongs here..

Just kind of venting, don't know if this belongs here..

Hey, just some minor details; I'm a guy and I'm 16. And now the background story. Fairly long.

Well recently I've getting into acting at school, after taking drama I auditioned for plays and love it. I met a girl in my class, let's call her Alex, her and I had what you might calling dealing, but as far as I was concerned, that's all it was, and it rarely happened. Sure we texted a fair amount and stuff, but it wasn't a relationship as far as my standards go. Things we're alright, y'know? I start with her because relationships can be a drag and my libido is being filled. Anyway, this was going on for a about month, we really didn't do much, and at our schools cancer event I didn't see her, she got mad, long story short she brought up how were "Not really a couple" on msn. And as unmanly as it was I broke it off on msn, just cause she brought it up.

She just about lost it, did NOT want to remain friends but I convinced her we should. After all, that's what I thought we were. Anyway, this was happened at the same time we were in a play. during the whole practicing part. I don't need to tell you how awkward that was but we got past it. So I was fine, until I really got to know the other girl in the play.

Dun Dun Duuuuun.

That's convenient right? I just lay off one girl and I don't have to look much further for another. I'm not a man-whore (contrary to what Alex thinks) but anyone can back me up when I say, you can't control where or when this kind of thing happens (that is, a certain interest in a girl). So I try getting to know her better, let's call her Liz, and sure enough I feel a real connection after a few weeks. Alex freaks out because I was "hitting on her at my party!" and I really could go into more what she said, but it's not worth your eyes.

Anyway I naturally denied this. For one, okay, maybe I was a little but I don't HIT on girls, I talk to them. But yeah, I talked to her a lot. And two, is that any of her ****ing business? I mean really yes, its her party but if I had done that with her she wouldn't have said a thing. Because God knows, as well as Liz, that she is not over me. BUT anyway, they went to the movies, long story short: They're good friends. Alex asked Liz not to hang out with me anymore, or rather pressured her into promising. I thought this was bullshit, and restricting someones freedom is lame, so I told her honestly (blunt and rude, but honestly) what I think of this and she flipped, insulted me, said fine, she can do whatever she wants, and now we're no longer friends. At one point she said "I'm done with you both" and about 5 minutes later retracted it. Really shows how unstabble she is if she can't make up her mind who to hate.

Anyway, this isn't really a problem though, still strictly background. This all happened over msn because she deleted me one night and I asked why, that set this all off. ****ing msn, It's like a can of courage. Which brings me to the real problem. Sonya's great in person. I could tell you how great but that would 1. Bore you 2. Take up too much space, This is long enough already. So shes a ****ing awesome person, and I really like her. She's just out of a relationship though. By just out I mean a 9 month relationship that ended 5 months ago and shes still not quite over the guy. Over msn she tells me this, my heart nearly bleeds and I write a poem. In person, everything's swell and she tells me "I've decided I'm getting over him". So I don't know what to think. I talk to my friend about when I asked what was the most romantic thing a guy's done for you, and she said "my ex wrote me a song, threw pebbles at my window and then played it for me, my heart melted." So I'm not much of a singer, but I made a comic, revealing my feelings for her, and I was all set to give it to her.

Next Problem. She has gone to a Polish. For 3 weeks. With 25 kids, half of them guys, all my age. She's been going since she was 10. I ask her, have you had any previous camp romances, she says "ahah, yes" and I say, still? She says, "no comment aha". Again, strictly over msn. So I'm pretty mad.I couldn't give her the comic, she's back in a week. I don't think I'm worth her, and I don't think it's even worth trying. The worst part of this is, I feel so God damn pathetic and won't grow a pair and just tell her. Any advice would be great, thanks.

I originally posted this on another forum, got no replies so I've re-posted and edited because she hadn't left for camp yet. Anyway, go nuts.

Alex is a control freak, Liz is a follower with low self esteem and Sonya is not over her ex.

You see a pattern here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok well .. to start things off, i don't think you have to do much thinking about Alex LOL. You obviously don't like her, she obviously is crazy as you describe her .. Let's just cut her out of the picture? (x haha

Liz -- she couldn't stand up for neither you or herself. :/ I guess that shows how much confidence she has, which is pretty low haha.

& lastly , Sonya ! Haha, well personally, i love it when the guy takes control. It seriously gets extremely annoying having to do all the work ya know? Maybe you should just tell her how you feel. Try not to approach her in a way that may seem like your extremely inlove with her(its cool if you are, but just take baby steps hehe xD), just in a way where she just knows! She may not be over her boyfriend, but hey, it could help her go through the process. (:

I hope i helped, and if my advice is suck-ish, just ignore it LOL.

Ugh I'm an idiot. Forgot to read this over. Important change, LIZ IS SONYA. I accidentally forgot to edit because I gave her a fake name and all. Must be confusing, anyway sorry about that, my bad, the advice may need to be changed to fit the situation :p

According to the OP, Alex and Liz/Sonya were friends. So Alex asked her friend not to pursue her ex. I don't think that makes Liz/Sonya a follower or spineless. It makes her a good friend.

If you and Liz/Sonya aren't an item, then it's really none of your business what she does at camp (or who she does it with). If she develops a fling at camp, that's all it'll be. It'll be over when camp is over.

Is she still planning to make good on her promise to Alex? Or did Alex's outburst negate Liz's promise?

Quote Originally Posted by little pingoin View Post
    According to the OP, Alex and Liz/Sonya were friends. So Alex asked her friend not to pursue her ex. I don't think that makes Liz/Sonya a follower or spineless. It makes her a good friend.

If you and Liz/Sonya aren't an item, then it's really none of your business what she does at camp (or who she does it with). If she develops a fling at camp, that's all it'll be. It'll be over when camp is over.

Is she still planning to make good on her promise to Alex? Or did Alex's outburst negate Liz's promise?
    Just refer to her from sonya henceforth, and I never said she was spineless, I'm pretty sure I'm the spineless one. I think she can be easily persuaded into hanging out again because she doesn't realize how unstable alex is, I can just tell her that she was 'done with her' and that should convince her. She's back in 5 days.

Another thing, shes been going to this camp for 6 years, so I think it might end up as more than a fling, but its complicated right.

I wouldn't have touched any of my friends' exes with a ten foot pole in high school (or even now). It goes against the Girl Code for me.
    Spammer Spanker

Times have changed. Plus we were hardly dating, shes just delusional.