+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Opinions: Does She Like Me?

Need Opinions: Does She Like Me?

Alright, so i know this girl. I have known her for about a year, she is my best friends step sister, and she is in my band. We share most things in common, we like the same music, we both play guitar and bass, we are both laid back, and basically hippies. Ive got her phone number and her aim/facebook.

I know the signs a girl likes me, and i have been right in the past, but I'm not sure this time... I have caught her staring at me a few times, sometimes she looks away, and sometimes we kinda just stare at each other and smile. I know she doesn't mind if a get close to her. And sometimes i see her blush when i talk to her. I have been trying to get her to sing for the my band, but she refuses and blushes every time i try because she sais she would be embarrassed... She also always looks me in the eyes when we talk. Also, when i talk to her, we talk about anything really, not just stuff like school. We also kid around with each other sometimes. On the bad side though, she hasnt told me she likes me, her friends haven't been weird towards me. She is also kind of quiet and shy at times, so i dont know if she likes me or not.

What do you people think, does she like me, or does she just want to be good friends???

It is extremely difficult to establish whether the girl in question likes you ( that way) based on the information you provided. The only thing I can tell you is that if a girl feels indifferent ( I am expressing a subjective view here) she would not aim to spend much time with you, would not care about your opinion etc. Now, whether it is just a friendship or not, as I said earlier, extremely complicated to say. Ask her to a date, make it seem like a " two friends gathering" event. Maybe some "semi-date, alone time" would help you to understand the situation better. Best of luck to you both

Hmm, i guess doing a little alone time gathering thing with her might be helpful, i mean, we talk only to each other allot of the time even if there are other people, friends, family members in the area... Well, i will definetly try and get some time with her, we have been planning an acoustic jam with a few friends at the park... i guess thats a start... oh well, im not going to plain out ask her or tell her anything, but ill just take it kind of slow, i guess, i dont know... im gonna try to do something... soon...

if this didnt make sense i apoligize... i am not really, uh... fully awake, or rather, i am dazed and confused right now to say the least...

If she's blushing in those situations, she probably has entertained the idea of you and her together, or at least some level of attraction towards you. She also sounds a tad bit insecure with herself.

Yeah, I don't think she hates you. =P I agree with ^^. You'll never know unless you make a move, my friend. Ask her out.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I agree with Raze, instead of trying to discern what her actual feelings for you are, just ask her out. If she doesn't like you, she'll say no, and you'll move on. Things may be awkward for a like a week, but then they'll go back to normal. If she does like you, you'll go to dinner and see what happens from there.