+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

I have another post that includes my whole story..
    But, I am feeling so alone with this whole situation and I feel as if there is no one in the world that can make me feel any better.

I saw my ex and her new beau at a restaurant this evening. I mean what are the freaking chances of that..? Thankfully I made it out before they saw me. But it really hurt seeing them together.

To make matters worse, I really think God is playing a cruel joke on me right now, because this is the 3rd time in like a week and a half that I have run into them by complete accident.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do..? We dated for 3 years, can she really be over me and not love me anymore? We only were broken up for a week and she started dating him. I keep having this feeling, that she just wants to see what else is out there right now, but that this is a rebound so it will not last long. And that she will come back to me when she realizes that she really does love me..

I remember going through that. I learned it the hard way but you have to try and move on. If she sees you dwelling over her you'll never get her back. Its a sign of weakness as they see it. Go out and find another girl and hopefully you'll run into her one day and see how she reracts. Either way she's going to be with this guy for a bit. As hard as it is to accept but as she has moved on, so should you. Maybe if she sees you having a great time with this other girl, she might try and run back to you. Treat the new girl 1000 times better than you treated her. I did this with my girlfriend at the time and she became jealous and came back running to me and just dropped the other guy. Now shes my wife so there is hope in your situation. If not, you got a new girl and might not even want her back.

Maybe it's not a cruel joke. Maybe it's a message: "Move on with your bad self".
    Spammer Spanker

You have to know a woman very well to say "I keep having this feeling, that she just wants to see what else is out there right now, but that this is a rebound so it will not last long"...and most guys, even after years have no clue...I suggest you give her the space that she wants and if she is really is just wanting to see what else is out there, then maybe you'll get another shot one day if it doesn't work elsewhere. If you don't start having a life of your own, it will only get harder.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by josh930 View Post
    I remember going through that. I learned it Maybe if she sees you having a great time with this other girl, she might try and run back to you. Treat the new girl 1000 times better than you treated her. I did this with my girlfriend at the time and she became jealous and came back running to me and just dropped the other guy. Now shes my wife so there is hope in your situation. If not, you got a new girl and might not even want her back.
    I don't like where this is going. You're going to play with another girls emotions just to get the one back? I am completely against this. Just move on, okay? There are plenty of good women out there. Don't be a jerk.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.