+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the deal with love advice? Conclusion

What's the deal with love advice? Conclusion

MC: Ok, so the theme for this post is "what's the deal with love advice?" starring Raze the Dark Wolf as himself.

*Holds up an applaus sign*

Raze: Thank you, thank you. Okay, so I would like to start off by asking the question why we focus so much on love advice that we get from others, books, websites, friends, parents, relatives, etc. I follow advice and lots of other people follow advice, but are there really set rules for dating/relationships? I'm noticing that people give different advice. I probably give the worst advice on here. But why does it have to be like this? We can't we just do whatever and not worry about what we are doing wrong and stuff? I know that I worry constantly whether I am doing the right thing or not. I worry probably more than anyone on here. I probably have the stupidest threads on here. Hell, I'm probably more of a clutz when it comes to relationships than anyone on here. I just started thinking about this as I was posting advice for people. I was thinking, maybe it would be best to not give them any advice and say do whatever you want?

Now, do not judge me for saying this. I am probably going to end up posting a lot more garbage because I am having as much if not more difficulties than anyone on here with relationships.

Well, I guess the conclusion is that we just can't help but seek advice from other people when we are having problems. And it helps to know that someone is giving the time and energy to post some advice. It's nice to know that people in the community celebrate when you succeed and weep when you fail.

I have to say that I am really glad I have joined this forum. It's nice to know people will try to motivate to be a better lover and a better person. Even though some of the replies I get are rude and mean they still help me push myself, and I don't mind it at all. I know some of the advice I give may sound hypocritical at times, but I really do want to help and I really want to be helped in return. All in all, I think joining this forum was a good idea for me. I have been struggling a lot with relationships and you guys have been helping a lot. So thank you and I hope the advice I give you won't be terrible and will ultimately help. And I hope I continue to get good advice. =)
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Raze, giving advice for most people on here is based on something they've experienced first hand or something they've seen happen many times before. All we can do is try and put the information out there, it's up to that person to decide what they want to do with it. People want to do the right thing and when you've never gone through a certain experience it's hard to know what to do...Some will come on here hoping for something that they want to hear (especially if it's a wrong thing to do)..When they don't get that here they might go someplace else and try again.. I'm glad you are finding this a good place to vent...There are many on here who are willing to help any way they can so it's definitely a special place.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I know some of the advice I give may sound hypocritical at times, but I really do want to help and I really want to be helped in return.
    Giving advice is a funny thing, I think if we are all honest we may all sound a little hypocritical at times. When it comes to matters of the heart it is far easier to advise somebody on their situation using your own experiences that what it is to take your own advice.

When it comes down to it I don't think anybody really likes to look in the mirror as it were and tell ourselves what deep down we know we need to do. It is hard to do and we can often doubt ourselves as we are not thinking clearly. When asking for advice it can help put everything in perspective and make you realise that your not the only one who has gone through this.

This is a great community, everybody here is so helpful and sometimes you may get advice that is very blunt and too the point but sometimes that is what you need, that metaphorical kick to bring you out of it and get you thinking.

Getting things off your chest can always help and having to write a post (like with a good letter) makes you think harder about what is going on and makes everything seem clearer. At least that is what I find.

Thank you to you all for the advice that you give,

Lee