+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to approach a playboy??

How to approach a playboy??

So i mentioned in previous posts that my friend tried to set me up with a guy she recently started working with. we met twice. once in a large group of ppl at the movies and the second time at dinner with just 3 of us ( me him and my friend).

the second time he was very friendly and when my friend left us alone for about 20 minutes, the conversation went smoothly and he even flirted a bit (touched my shoulder when talking, little things like that). under my friends advice i added him as a friend on facebook and send a little joke referring to a story he told us earlier. he accepted the friend request right away but no comment back, totally quite.

now this was like 2 weeks ago, and i'm wondering if i should try to make any move or just leave it be. the problem is that my friend said after getting to know him better she realized that he he is "overconfident and conceited when it comes to girls". so basically i figured he is a playboy. now he is a nice looking guy but i would not call him "out of my league". but i have limited dating experience and he obviously not. so the question is should i try to win over this overconfident somewhat playboy, who other then that is a nice smart guy, or leave him alone. and if i should make a move please advice me on how to. i'm afraid that asking him out will lead to straight out rejection and humiliation on my part. and i don't want to bother my friend with this anymore either so as not to cause her an uncomfortable situation at work.

please please please help.

How about you don't and save yourself from the drama? You just want to poon him because he's an arrogant playboy.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

what's poon

i know how you feel like , it is challenging to you and you enjoy excitement. May be you have free time and want to enjoy teasing him . But i do not guarantee the consequences as the story might turn as ' you fall for him and he does not since he is a playboy as you called him ' so what will be the situation then? anyway, if i were you and have nothing else to do, i will certainly take the chance and see how it will go. If i have more important thing, i will leave him behind and go.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinconfusion View Post
    So i mentioned in previous posts that my friend tried to set me up with a guy she recently started working with. we met twice. once in a large group of ppl at the movies and the second time at dinner with just 3 of us ( me him and my friend).

the second time he was very friendly and when my friend left us alone for about 20 minutes, the conversation went smoothly and he even flirted a bit (touched my shoulder when talking, little things like that). under my friends advice i added him as a friend on facebook and send a little joke referring to a story he told us earlier. he accepted the friend request right away but no comment back, totally quite.

now this was like 2 weeks ago, and i'm wondering if i should try to make any move or just leave it be. the problem is that my friend said after getting to know him better she realized that he he is "overconfident and conceited when it comes to girls". so basically i figured he is a playboy. now he is a nice looking guy but i would not call him "out of my league". but i have limited dating experience and he obviously not. so the question is should i try to win over this overconfident somewhat playboy, who other then that is a nice smart guy, or leave him alone. and if i should make a move please advice me on how to. i'm afraid that asking him out will lead to straight out rejection and humiliation on my part. and i don't want to bother my friend with this anymore either so as not to cause her an uncomfortable situation at work.

please please please help.

He's on your FB, he's reading (possibly) from time to time.

Take control of the situation and lure him in.

Otherwise known as ignoring him but speaking in general to him.

Meet other fellows, invite them to your FB.

Create an atmosphere where he'll want to post.

Play it cool, yet warmly.

Play hard to get.

(if your other fellows give up, replace them with others as they do)

A steady stream of potential suitors.

If he's truly a playboy, his urges will welcome a bit of competition and intrigue (assuming that you're really keen about this particular fellow).

thanks a lot for your advice guys :-)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You want to be the woman to 'change' Mr. Badboy? LOL, you are exactly the sort that Playboys reel in.

Good luck (you'll need it).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You want to be the woman to 'change' Mr. Badboy? LOL, you are exactly the sort that Playboys reel in.

true but what is the happy ending?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamybitch View Post
    true but what is the happy ending?
    When he's met his match.

so update, and more confusion so please help.

ok so after reading the advice i decided to take some action. after making myself "visible" on facebook for a while, as i was advice above, i finally decided to just go ahead and ask him to a social event. my friends and i were heading over to lucky chan's, which in a famous new york drag cabaret. so i invited him on facebook. he replied saying how it sounded fun and asked me to give him my number so he can call and talk to me about it. but at the end of the message asked what is drag cabaret. for anyone who doens't know it's a show of cross dressed men which is actually incredibly fun and entertaining (no it's not weird). so this was the morning of the day we were supposed to go ( i kinda of invited him last minute) so while i was getting ready he called me to tell me that ones he realized what it was he got a little scared, which for guys is common. he said he already had previous plans and thought that maybe it would be best if he would go with his friends as he originally planed. so i told him it was totally fine and i thought that would be the end of the conversation but then he started mentioning how we should definitely do something that weekend and going to a club like me him and my friend who introduced us talked about. i told him she wasn't too hot on the club idea and he said that if needed he would convince her and kept going on about how we should def. do something.

so the following week i planned a little club outing with some ppl and invited him. again he said he'd go and was very excited. but then a lot of my friends ended up backing out, including our mutual friend. while exchanging facebook messages about the plan i mentioned that most ppl backed out and as of now it was me my friend and her boyfriend. after i mentioned that he tells me he actually has plans with a another friend earlier in the evening but would definitely try to make it.....WTF. i'm confused.

why would he go on about going clubbing and then back out?????? if he didn't want to go with me then why did he even bring it up????? >.< help

that is the tricky part of it ... you might expect all weirdo things of a playboy as you said..else how could be attract your attention to himself?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

The irony is that she will be back on Loveforums complaining about the usual things when women date these boys. I call them boys, real men don't act like 'Playboys".
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

dreamybitch good point. somehow your comment just cleared everything up in my head lol. thanx a lot. and to only-virgins, don't talk about complaining, this website is for sharing and advising, if you have a problem with people seeking opinions then don't go on it!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never would have advised you to ask him out after you initiated contact. That was a signal that it was HIS turn to express interest, and he didn't.

You should forget about him.

yea i guess i'm just a bit of a go getter person. i hate sitting around waiting for people, so i think that's why guys sometimes get scared of by me. BUT i'm gonna back off now. he has my number so it's up to him. we'll see what happens. :-) thanx for the advice though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast