+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Love My Best Friend

I Love My Best Friend

Alright, I'm new to this...

But I love my best friend. I'm 20, and we dated in 7th grade for a a short time, we became the best of friends. I've always had feelings for her, but as we get closer, I fall deeper for her. I just don't know if she likes me too. She's so close to me, we hold each other, we go for walks random nights. But when I asked how she felt towards me, she replys. Best friend... Is she just scared to lose me? Or is it the truth...? Please...somebody help me..

Well, could be just best friend, or it could be more. But are you really willing to risk your friendship to find out?

Sounds risky to me. But I've known people that have formed relationships with their best friend. It's really risky but they make awesome relationships. You just need to talk to her about it. Maybe, she likes you the same way. Just talk.
    Last edited by Raze; 30-07-09 at 08:46 PM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I'm scared to risk it..that's the problem. She know's I've always had feelings for her. She always jokes around and says "you love me, you always will" Not to long ago I told her she was stupid for beleive all the lies her boyfriend told her. She told me she loved me cuz I would I always tell her the truth, whether i;m calling her stupid or not, hha. I told her.."I'll always be here, and I would take care of you, always. One day we can be together. And she agreed, and we walked arms around each other. Than other times she doesn;t seem interested... I'm so confused..

lastcall Guest
    Unfortunately, I know exactly what you are going through. I am also 20 years old and have a very similar problem except that I'm in love with two of my best female friends.

The first one, whom I have been very good friends with for the past 2 years. I confronted about my feelings several months ago and we did actually start dating. After about a week or so we had a talk and she told me that she had come to the realization that I am more of a friend to her than a boyfriend. This absolutely broke my heart... but we are still the best of friends. That week when we were dating was one of the best weeks of my life and I still think there might be a chance for us if we allow our friendship to mature for a while.

The second friend of mine I have decided I just cannot admit my feelings to. She is two years younger than I am and we have been best friends for the past 3 years. She always refers to me as the big brother she never had. And it's those kinds of things that she says that makes me feel like it would be far too weird to tell her how I feel.

Anyway, I guess my point is just that you have to choose whether you want to take the risk to tell her how you feel based on how strong you feel your friendship is and how you think things would work out if she doesn't want to date you. I mean, if you have doubts as to whether telling her how you feel will have any negative effect on your friendship then don't do it. I personally don't think it's worth losing such an amazing friendship over. Though everyone's right, it will be one of the best relationships you'll ever have if it works out. Good luck, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall View Post
    Unfortunately, I know exactly what you are going through. I am also 20 years old and have a very similar problem except that I'm in love with two of my best female friends.

The first one, whom I have been very good friends with for the past 2 years. I confronted about my feelings several months ago and we did actually start dating. After about a week or so we had a talk and she told me that she had come to the realization that I am more of a friend to her than a boyfriend. This absolutely broke my heart... but we are still the best of friends. That week when we were dating was one of the best weeks of my life and I still think there might be a chance for us if we allow our friendship to mature for a while.

The second friend of mine I have decided I just cannot admit my feelings to. She is two years younger than I am and we have been best friends for the past 3 years. She always refers to me as the big brother she never had. And it's those kinds of things that she says that makes me feel like it would be far too weird to tell her how I feel.

Anyway, I guess my point is just that you have to choose whether you want to take the risk to tell her how you feel based on how strong you feel your friendship is and how you think things would work out if she doesn't want to date you. I mean, if you have doubts as to whether telling her how you feel will have any negative effect on your friendship then don't do it. I personally don't think it's worth losing such an amazing friendship over. Though everyone's right, it will be one of the best relationships you'll ever have if it works out. Good luck, my friend.

Thanks my friend, Her birthday is coming up, I might take her out to dinner. I really don't think it's a good idea to tell her than, so i don't think i'm gonna. I think I'm just gonna go with the flow, try and hang out more, just let it ease into. Neither of us want a relationship right now, I do know that much. We both a "best friend." That's what her friend told me.

I think the best thing to do though, is to ease into it...

Thanks so much, all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by whatTOdo518 View Post
    Thanks my friend, Her birthday is coming up, I might take her out to dinner. I really don't think it's a good idea to tell her than, so i don't think i'm gonna. I think I'm just gonna go with the flow, try and hang out more, just let it ease into. Neither of us want a relationship right now, I do know that much. We both a "best friend." That's what her friend told me.

I think the best thing to do though, is to ease into it...

Thanks so much, all of you!
    Sounds good to me
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

lastcall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Sounds good to me
    me too. glad I could help.

You can make it!

You can make it!
    // stop your spam //