+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Proposal

The Proposal

Background: I'm 21, going to be a senior in college. I've been dating my girlfriend since sophomore year in high school (5.5 years) with no break-ups and smooth sailing. She completes me, and I'm excited to spend the rest of my life with her.

My proposal idea: My parents sold the house I grew up hanging out with her in high school, but we still live in the area. Our first kiss was in the backyard late at night, after a dip in the hot tub.

My idea is to propose on the same day that we had our first kiss (except 6 years later), in the backyard of my old house. They, too, have a hot tub, and I would have swimsuits waiting, as well as monogrammed robes (with her last initial being my last name, not hers). I'd propose, then we'd hop in the hot tub for a romantic night (the view is beautiful, overlooking hilly cliffs, buildings, and a golf course).

This would require talking to the current residents (whom I don't know), but I figure anyone with half a heart would let me do this.

Lastly, I still am good friends with my old next-door neighbor. So after the proposal and dip in the hot tub like old times, I'd have my family and her family waiting to celebrate with us at the neighbors house as a surprise to finish the night.

I'm open to any ideas or criticisms at all! From talking to her, I know that she wants a SIMPLE, THOUGHTFUL, DETAIL-ORIENTED, PRIVATE, and MEANINGFUL proposal... I only get one shot and want it to be as perfect as possible!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by younglove View Post

My idea is to propose on the same day that we had our first kiss (except 6 years later), in the backyard of my old house. They, too, have a hot tub, and I would have swimsuits waiting, as well as monogrammed robes (with her last initial being my last name, not hers). I'd propose, then we'd hop in the hot tub for a romantic night (the view is beautiful, overlooking hilly cliffs, buildings, and a golf course).

This would require talking to the current residents (whom I don't know), but I figure anyone with half a heart would let me do this.

Lastly, I still am good friends with my old next-door neighbor. So after the proposal and dip in the hot tub like old times, I'd have my family and her family waiting to celebrate with us at the neighbors house as a surprise to finish the night.

I'm open to any ideas or criticisms at all! From talking to her, I know that she wants a SIMPLE, THOUGHTFUL, DETAIL-ORIENTED, PRIVATE, and MEANINGFUL proposal... I only get one shot and want it to be as perfect as possible!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Yeah.. and now you have the entire neigbornhood lined up for a party.. and she says: NO...

Wouldn't that just majorly suck?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Yeah.. and now you have the entire neigbornhood lined up for a party.. and she says: NO...

Wouldn't that just majorly suck?
    She's going to say 'Yes.' That's not a worry, we've been dating 6 years and have talked about marriage. And besides, it's only our families, not "the entire neighborhood."

Anyone else have anything constructive to suggest? THANKS!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like you've already decided. You don't want advice, you want to hear 'wow, what a great idea!'. What could we possibly add? Good luck with everything.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh