+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so discouraged now. help!

so discouraged now. help!

Ok. I will try to make this as short as possible.

I was with my guy for almost 11 months. We broke up (broken up a few times before) but I was certain that this would be it. When we broke up this time, I didn't have an urge to call him and want to reconcile...instead I wanted to go out and do my own thing. Its been a week since we broke up. I thought I was ready to go out and go on dates...I went on my first date tonight with a guy I have a big crush on but it just made me miss my ex. I'm so discouraged right now...I mean I thought I really was into this guy I went on a date with but I didn't quite feel a connection. Now all I can think about is how I don't want to be with anyone else.

I've tried everything to forget about him. Cut all contact, ignore his calls and text, brush off his desire to reconcile...tried to push away everything that resembles him...and when I finally go on this date (I was really excited cause I thought we would really hit it off) all I could think about is my ex.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by wokeupinvegas View Post
    I didn't have an urge to call him and want to reconcile...instead I wanted to go out and do my own thing.

Well then. Seems you got what you wanted.

You get to do your own thing now. Happy?

Maybe you should give your heart time to heal before you rush into the dating scene.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

was the relationship a bad one?

why if you miss him and he wants to reconcile do you want to get over him. Only asking as its hard to say what you should do without knowing why it ended in the first place.

give space to yourself first... or if you want go for a vacation... time will heal healing is a long process so you just wait for the right time
    [URL="http://www.usatodate.com/i/?a=49"]
    Meet sexy and interesting American singles and American women
    [/URL]

It takes more than a week to forget an 11 month relationship.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    It takes more than a week to forget an 11 month relationship.
    even me its almost 9 mos since we broke up with my 2yrs ex.... but still i didnt recover.
    [URL="http://www.usatodate.com/i/?a=49"]
    Meet sexy and interesting American singles and American women
    [/URL]

If possible, think of the reasons you broke up with him instead of the time you two had fun or good times.

Be confident in yourself. Try to hangout with your friends, watch movies. Get yourself busy.

Its been a week since we broke up. I thought I was ready to go out and go on dates.
    I hope you have realized what you are doing... it's way too soon. You are not mentally prepared for another relationship yet.
    Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
    - Thomas Fuller