+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An update

An update

Just thought I'd make a small update here. I haven't been getting on as regularly as usual. I recently moved out (again) and I've been moving in and working so I've been pretty occupied. The move itself went smoothly. Had a bunch of stuff but I had a crew of about 10 friends there to help so we got completely moved in within 2 hours. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath with just 2 of us living there. The third bedroom has been made our nerd room where computers and such go. It's been nice so far, much better than my last apartment experience.

The business is going well too. I have 2 employees and they sure know how to sell. Only problem is they only sell the popular stuff, gotta find a way to get them to move the lesser known things.

Last little piece is that I've been called to Jury Duty. For those who don't know they send you this little card with your Juror Number, Juror Group, and a phone number to call and then you have to call every night for 4 days to see if you need to come in the next day at 8 AM. Tonight is the last night, the fourth night, and I haven't been called out yet. But last night they counted up to group 31 (I'm 36) so I'm pretty sure tomorrow my number will be up.

Other than that nothing too major happening. My roommate is very close to opening his first business (a Subway) so we'll just be a couple of entrepreneurs. For those who talk to me online expect my triumphant return to AIM sometime after work tomorrow if all goes well.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Glad to hear all your good news - hope that if your number gets called for Jury Duty the trial proves to be quick and painless.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

ewww ! jury duty !

gawd thats a pain here ! I almost didnt show to mine. But then i decided to bite the bullet and sit thru the shit.

Ours is a bit different tho. We get a letter in the mail telling us where to go. So we go there and then we sit in a bunch of crap and long lines everywhere. and metal detectors every where. yeah - a total waste of 8 hours. then we like sit thru an actuall court session thingie and then they will call us 1 by one to be in that jury. Yeah. they passed me right up thank gawd. I didnt dress nice or anything, I was trying to look like I didnt know what was going on. I asked questions when the chance arrised (they ussually dont pick people that ask alot of questions - they like people that stay in line and stay quiet). Not like stupid questions, but actual good questions that all jurers were thinking, but no one had the courage to ask. Yeah. I was #32. 31 and 33 got picked. hehe. Longest 8 hours of my life too cause i couldnt smoke. I hope I never get called again. Even tho I didnt get picked. thats just a big waste of my precious time up there.

Ok, so I got summoned in. I knew it'd happen. But I never served. I went through one jury selection proceeding and never even got called up. They decided on the 12 people and the alternate before ever getting to my name. I found out how lucky I was that they didn't get to me because afterwards I had to go back down to the pool and out of about 150 people they only made 5 of us stay to make sure the last jury got enough people. I was the fifth one, of course. So I realized they really wanted me in a jury but it filled before they got me up there so I left about 1:30. PHEW. Interesting experience though, oh and I have internet at my apartment now so all you fans of me on AIM can get your long awaited fix of Kongming.
    Heit ist mein taug.

How old do you have to be to be selected for jury service?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Well, in order to serve you have to be 18. But since they're getting your name from your driver's license now you could be called in when you're 16 but you can get out of it because you have to be 18.
    Heit ist mein taug.