+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost and Confused

Lost and Confused

I am new to this forum and basically I need help on determining what I should do with my current relationship. I am 21 year old male and have been dating this girl for 4.5 years. I have never been single since I was 14 or 15? We have lots of great memories and we work pretty well together. I have this problem and I don't know how serious it is. She says for the past two years she hasn't felt like I really love her. I can't say I don't love her... Basically I dont know what I want, whether I want to continue this relationship or end it. I am curious about what other girls are out there, not really for sex or anything but for personality and compatibility. I really dont know if it is worth it at all to break up just to meet other girls etc... I mean I would be throwing away such a good relationship. Both my girlfriend and I have talked about this many times over and now i am seeking outside advice. She thinks that if I dont get over this or figure it out now that it could end up worse in the future and cause more problems then. I also meet this really cute girl at my office and she is the complete opposite of my current gf and I am addicted to her and really want to hang out with her, and we have all of us, my gf and friends. Sorry if this is all over the map... :/ But basically is the curiosity worth the relationship or is there another way to solve this?

Thanks.

I could really use replies and that might help be more coherent.

You've never been on your own, not really... and people do tend to change over time... sometimes you get closer to a person, other times you grow apart. Your girlfriend is right, this will only get worse... better to sort out how you feel now.