+ Follow This Topic

Thread: All turn up and confused

All turn up and confused

I have been in a almost four year relationship with this guy that has turned out to be so mean and hateful and disrespectful to me. I have children that adore him and calls him dad. But I know in my heart that its time to let him go. I can no longer take the name calling and loneliness because he has a relationship with someone else of which he has a child with that he got while dating me. I feel in love with this man and it's tearing me apart because I have been there for him so much. I have never turned my back on him and you can't imagine the things I have done for him. And I can't for the life of me understand how he can treat me so bad, and at the same time tell me that I could still end up being his wife. I am torn between waiting it out and just walking away. Can someone anyone give me some advice. Things are easier said than done. I guess that's why Im still hanging on.

From your post, I'm not sure. Are you still in a relationship? You say he's also in a relationship with someone else?

Anyway, If you think there's a possibility he will change (for example, if he is only mean and disrespectful during a fight and afterwards he apologizes, there may be other solutions, but you need a serious talk).

If not, then there is no reason why you should endure the disrespect any longer! The fact that your children adore him makes it more difficult, but should not influence your decision. You're their mother and they need you to be happy. Good luck though, such situations can be really hard.